25 | Leave

[ Jinhee's POV ]

A peck on my lips before entering the class made me smiling automatically. Goddammit, he's so charming.

How am I suppose to leave him if I keep falling for him. He makes me drunk with his love. I still feel so wonderful when he touch me. Just for a bit longer, I'll hold onto him, just a bit longer. Just after this feeling disappear. All I need to do is being careful to not to get caught.

"My friend will hold a party tomorrow night, wanna come?" He asked while the teacher is nowhere to be found.

My palm on my cheek, elbow on the desk, I faced him as he faced me. "Party? Is that friend of yours is in this school?" I asked.

"No, it's my old friend. It's his birthday party. Come on, we can have fun, dancing maybe" He giggled. "Dancing?" I bursted into laughter at his joke.

"I don't know you can dance" I teased him, funnier that way. "I'll show you my dance if you come"

The teacher finally came while we still discussing about his dancing thingy.

"So?" He whispered near my ear. I don't think so, I'm afraid I'll meet someone I used to know. "I'll think about it"

---

What am I doing here. I thought I'm not coming. Here I am, entering the house of colourful lights everywhere, not so exciting music playing loudly, food and snacks splattered on the floor and there's so many human.

For Jiyong, I can't even say no. What a fool. "Wait here, I'll meet you with my friend" Jiyong said, almost like shouting because of the music is so loud, handing me a drink in a red paper cup. I just nodded and smiled.

I looked around me, human laughing together, having fun, drinking and dancing. Can't wait to see Jiyong dance, he's being funny. But who knows, maybe he's a great dancer with that shy face.

"Jinhee!" I turned to the person who called my name; Jiyong. "Meet my friend, Youngbae" He moved aside, revealing the birthday boy named Youngbae.

Youngbae, I had a dark history with the person with the same name.

"Annyeonghaseyo, I'm Choi Jin--"

When our eyes meet, I realized he's not Youngbae with only the same name.

He is that Youngbae.

-Flashback-

"You're vampire, right?" He pushed me hard on my shoulder as I stumbled back. Looking down, I don't know what to do.

"You're so disgusting!" He smirked as the whole class only watching, non of them dare to stop him. Not because he's scary, because I'm scary.

My whole body trembling in fear as I fall on the ground, being push by him.

"Get lost! Monster!" His friend handed him a bucket full of water and poured it on me.

-End-

"Oh! Aren't you...Sohee?"

A smirk appeared on his face as he recognized me right away. I got some chills all over my body as I hid my trembling hand behind me.

"It's a very long time" I avoided his evil look, didn't reply to him. I wish I can varnish now. I want to go away.

"Jiyong! Is she really you girlfriend?" He grabbed Jiyong by his shoulder, pulling Jiyong near him.

"What do you mean?" He sounded confused. No, please don't. Don't tell him. I'm begging you.

"Did you know that she's a vampire?"

I felt like my heart skip a beat. My eyes already pooling with tears.

"I...don't know.." Jiyong answered him with a soulless voice.

"What? No way, everyone from my middle school know her. She's a vampire!!" He said. His loud and cheerful voice attracted the others at the party, each of them had an eye on me and the song stopped.

"Vampire?"

"Daebak! She's a vampire!"

"She looks so human. This is why they are so hard to notice!"

Youngbae scoffed at me. Happy now after revealing me!?

"You may look like us but you're not"

I looked at Jiyong, he's already looking at me with a surprised face. "No, you're not" He spoke out, denying the truth as I made my way out of the house, running on the snowy ground while it's snowing outside.

This is wrong. You're not supposed to know now. I'm still in love with you, so do you. At least give me some time until we break up.

"Jinhee! Choi Jinhee!" A strong grip pulled my hand, facing him. I dared to look into his teary eyes.

"He must be mistaken. Right?" He tried to smile as my heart broke to pieces. He held both of my wet cheeks, looking deep into my eyes. He's desperate to know the truth of me. The truth that will hurt him.

"You're not a vampire. You're not. Tell me you're not!" He begged.

I'm sorry. Don't ask me anything, it's hurt already. I hate this foolish feelings of loving you. Why am I not you? Why am I not human?

Why we have to fall for each other? Why we have to be in love? I can't give you the answer. Actually I'm a little scared. Scared of being left alone. You'll leave me. At this moment, I want you to stay.

"Tell me!" He became more impatient, and ended up sobbing. You can't handle this much pain, Jiyong. I'll take all the pain from you, if I can.

"You can change his mind"

Hanbin's voice played in my head.

Can I?

I finally opened my mouth to speak. "I am"

With that single word, his hands slowly fell off my skin weakly. His eyes looked unfocused like he just lost something so precious. He looked lifeless.

I grabbed his warm hand with my cold hand, "Jiyong-aa" I held his hand so tight, begging him to understand me.

Please.

He looked down on the ground, tears falling from his lashes, slowly pulled his hand from me. His warmness stopped spreading to my body. That moment I knew I failed. He hate me now, for the rest of his life.

He backed off a little before turning around from me. He walked away, heading to his friend's house.

He leave me. I was left alone.

I lost him.