08 | Together

Do you know that you're handsome, boy?

'Thump Thump'

What is this? What is this weird feeling? "Hey--" I tried to runaway from the feeling, distancing myself from him. He put his finger on my lips, avoiding me from talking.

His fine finger on my freaking lips!

I can feel myself become warmer than vamps normal low temperature. My blood rushing to my face. I'm very sure right now I'm looking like a tomato, thanks to my pale skin.

"He's gone" I exhaled loudly as if I've been holding my breath for a while. I don't know, I forgot already what just happened. He looked into my eyes and I looked away as far as I can.

"S-Sorry" He let go of my hand, he must forgot that he's been holding it. Yeah, well said pretty boy, now we gotta go.

I walked to bench to take my tomato juice that I dropped before. "Where is it?" I muttered when I can't find anything. I looked around, under the bench, probably the whole place but I can't find it.

"No way.."

I turned to Jiyong, who's helping me finding my tomato juice. "You said Teacher Kim came up here, right?" I begin to panic of losing my tomato juice, that held 1001 secrets.

He nodded, "Jinhee, it's okay. I'll buy you another one later. Why are you so worried?" He's trying calm me down. How can I calm down right now?

"It's not what you're thinking!" I accidentally raised my voice at him. Sorry, I'm just emotional.

You don't understand, Jiyong. It's a freaking blood! And some human just take it from me, thinking it's just a fucking tomato juice. It held my secret.

My damn biggest secret!

---

I pulled Hanbin to a very quiet place, "Do you have extra blood? I lost mine" I whispered. "What do you mean you lost yours?" He whispered back, his voice full of concern.

"I went to the rooftop, I dropped mine when I went to hide. I think Teacher Kim took it. What should I do?"

He gently pulled me into his arm as I leaned on his chest, trying hard not to cry. "It's okay. Nothing will happen" He caressed my back, comforting me.

"You should eat first," He parted the hug."Here" He gave me his grape juice as I thanked him. While I'm eating, he caressed my head, sighing softly.

I know what he's thinking. 'Why are you worrying so much?' 'Why would you be scared?' 'Why are so scared people know that you're vampire?' kind of thing. I can read it just by looking into his eyes.

It's because I hate to be treated like shit as if I'm a monster or beast that will eat them. They know nothing about us, they don't know how we survived not drinking their blood, they don't understand our hardships. They look at me with those eyes full of fear, full of disgust. They think I'm a demon.

It's tough to me going through that, day by day. That's why I'm scared.

It's always been easy for you. Because you can do whatever you want. You live like there's no tomorrow. You don't care what they think of you because you're just full of yourself. You're proud of being a vampire. You don't even care about those laws and rules.

Anyway, I have family to protect. If I got caught, my whole family is in trouble. We have to move out again and change our identity over and over and over again. While you are just you.

Sigh, I can't even mention about it in front of him since his parents died in a very terrifying event.

---

"Tell me I'm wrong"

I prepared an empty cup in front me with a tomato juice that Jiyong gave to me in my hand.

"God, please" I prayed before poking a hole on the sachet and pour the liquid into the cup. I saw a pale red liquid; almost see through, in the cup.

"Shit!"

It's a real tomato juice.

---

"Jinhee," I turned to Jiyong. He slowly pushed tomato juice to my desk, two of them. "I'm sorry about yesterday" He suddenly apologized. I looked at the tomato juice again. Geez, I'm really not in the mood.

"Sorry, I don't drink tomato juice anymore" I refused coldly and focused on my study again.

"Are you okay?" He sounded worried. "You can just tell me if something is wrong, you know"

"Girl issues" No, it's vampire issues.

He then just nodded and looked away. He looked sad like I just dissapointed him.

Oh my god! Am I thinking? It's not his fault. Why are you being so cold? Look at the poor boy! Like Hanbin said, nothing will happen.

"You know what," I break the ice that I created. "Let's go eat together later" I smiled beautifully at him.

"And thanks for these. I really appreciate that" My smiled became brighter as I took the tomato juice and placed it under my desk.

He smiled happily. There you go, boy. Keep smiling like that because you're so gorgeous.

"Choi Jinhee~ Let's go eat~" Jisoo came, skipping to me like a happy kid as she played some melody while calling for me. I giggled at her cuteness.

"Let's go!" I stood up.

Jiyong looked up at me with that where-are-you-going look. I chuckled at his cute reaction.

This is the eat together I talked about, Jiyong. "Let's go!" I called him. He forcefully stood up and catched up with me and Jisoo, who is already clinging onto me.

"I wonder what's for dinner"

"I hope it's bulgogi"

The pretty girls: Lisa and Chaeyong, already waiting for us at the door frame.

"Let's go girls!" I put my arm on Lisa's shoulder and she giggled, we all did.

Oh! One more missing.

"I thought you're eating with me today, Choi Jinhee!"

I heard the whine from behind us. We stopped walking at the same time. I smiled, turning around, meeting the frowning boy. Aww, you're such a cry baby, Hanbin.

"Let's go eat together" I pulled his arm into the group.

"Let's go!" Jisoo exclaimed, she's excited and that's cute. I can't stop smiling when I look at all of us. I look at Jiyong and he's smiling too.

Right, let's go eat together. Let's all of us be friends. Let's have fun together, the six of us.