21 | Human

[ Jinhee's POV ]

'knock knock'

I saw a figure in black, knocking on my window with a grin. "You can just come through the door" I let him into my room.

"But that will be no fun" He grinned, pulling down his hoodie.

"What's with the long face? I thought you're the one who want me to come" He fixed his hair in front of the mirror. I sat on my bed, sighing loudly. "I won't report you"

He turned to me, smirking before he turns away. Hey, I saw that!

"So will you stop?" I asked, trying to bring up the serious conversation. He shrugged, coming to me. "I'm asking you"

He took his seat in front of me, "Have you ever taste it?" He suddenly asked me back. I knew exactly what he's talking about: human blood.

"Never"

A big smirk sticked on his face. "Maybe if you try him, you'll get it?" He changed his gaze on a picture of me and Jiyong.

No, no way.

"He's special after all; rose blooded human" He looked at the picture like he's wishing to have a taste of him, adoring him so much. But I can't lie that even his smell are so amazingly good.

Without I know it, I'm imagining the taste of his blood. "I see, you want him too" He chuckled as I looked away, regaining myself from thinking nonsense.

He stood up, putting on his hoodie. "Let's go, I'll show you" He pulled out his hand and I only stared at it with confusion.

---

'Thump!'

We landed on another rooftop. I became all tense, my grip around his neck become stronger, bringing myself closer to him.

"How's this?" He asked, jumping from house to house. Me, carried by him bridal style. "T-Thrilling" I commented as he smiled widely.

"Vampire can move fast. We were strong and live up to 150 years" He said, holding my shoulders from behind. Both of us are on top of a tall building, watching a night scenery of the small town. It's beautiful indeed.

"Now we're just...endangered species. And I just want to live as what I am. We can't blame the nature" Maybe he's right.

"Think about it, we can move freely without a transport, we're much faster than that. We can live longer too, don't you think it's a good thing?"

It is.

"But what about human?" I asked. I guess he don't have the answer since he's so quiet. Yeah, we live in their community. We're almost like them, living like them.

"I'll show you" He carried me somewhere.

---

"This is the house where it happened" We walked around the empty house. Looks like no one stay here for a long time.

"My dad was captured on his way back home and shot by human" He continued walking. "They barged in our house and mercilessly killed my mom with 15 gunshots on her back, right in front of my eyes"

He pointed his finger at the scene at the kitchen floor. We then got into a room. The blue paper wall is all ripped and dust is everywhere.

"This is the room where they found the boy"

"The boy?"

---

"This boy"

I held his hand tightly. No way it's him. "I remember his red head. I remember his smell" He said, holding my hand back. We're on a tree, stalking the human boy in his room.

"But he don't remember me. Maybe because I changed my name. Maybe he can't remember because he's in trauma" He changed his gaze to me.

"Your Kwon Jiyong"

---

"So what do you think?" His fingers gently playing with my hair, company me to sleep.

"I don't know. It's complicated" I avoided the question. What he showed me changed my perspective towards human, vampires as well.

I'm not telling vampire is better than human or otherwise. What I think is, we all same. There's good and bad in us. We are dangerous to them, they also dangerous to us. Some human are nice to us, like Jisoo. Some are not. I just stare at the picture of his.

We are same. We are...one.

"Drinking human blood really make us stronger and faster?" I curiously asked him as he chuckles. "We're more than that, just look at me!" He proudly answered.

"But still, there's a rule that we have to follow. You should be more careful next time. You're lucky it was me. What if it was someone else?" Without I knew it, I'm nagging at him.

"Okay, lil vamp!" He grinned as my pouting lips curved into a smile. I'm not saying I'm letting him. I can't stop him anyway. He and his stupid ideology.

---

It's finally weekend and I woke up early today. I'm panicking, rushing around my room. Actually I don't know what to do.

Jiyong asked me out last night and I have no reason to say no. That was a sudden and I don't know what to wear.

"Geez, calm down" I stopped walking, catching my breath. I took a deep breath before slowly exhaled through my mouth. "All I need is warm outfit"

I grabbed my purple knitted sweater and a straight cut black jeans. Gregory long white padded jacket to keep me warm. His black scarf completed the look.

I met him at the door, looking so handsome and great. Gosh, I'm no match to him. I should put on something prettier. I noticed that white scarf around his neck; mine.

But they way he looked at me with awe, showed that I'm pretty in his eyes. His ears became red as he's smiling from ear to ear.

"Enough staring" I pulled his arm as I feel so hot out of sudden. "You're beautiful" His compliment made me look down, smiling shyly.

"Let's hurry" I said, telling myself to stop blushing even though it's just a beautiful feeling. He intertwinesd our hands as we walk to the bus stop.

---

"It's delicious, have some" I smiled at him, offering him my warm hotteok. "Ah! It's hot" He whined as he took a bite. I can taste the food, it's sweet. It used to taste horrible but when I'm with you, my taste bud working like human.

It's interesting how falling in love make me feel this way. Beautiful, warm, calm, peaceful, sweet? The feeling that I wish last forever.

He makes me feel special. He makes me feel wonderful. He makes me feel warmer.

Kwon Jiyong, you makes me feel human.