04 | Him

[ Jinhee's POV ]

I groaned as I open my eyes, my head still hurt a little bit. When I found myself, lying in the unknown place, I sat up in shock.

"You're awake" A voice approaching from my side. This voice? It's him? Turning to him, he smiles like a happy kid. "You must be crazy, starving yourself like that"

It's him. It's really him.

"Here, you can have mine" He put on a straw into the grape juice sachet and handed it me. "Where am I?" I muttered. I feel so confused and everything feel so unreal. Am I dreaming?

"Grape?" I asked, looking at the sachet. He chuckled softly, "I like purple" He still smiling. I smirked at him, who still doesn't change at all. "Finally, real food" I closed my eyes, enjoying my food.

I looked around, finding myself in the school infirmary. Even it's my first time, it's obvious: medicine smell, white curtains surrounding me and hospital bed.

Shit, I'm dummed.

"Jinhee-ssi" The doctor in the infirmary pull the curtain, revealing herself. I put away my drink. "It's okay, you must be starving. Have your meal" She said, smiling at me.

"He's one of us" He commented and I looked at her again. "It's really good to meet my fellow vampires at this school, we should hang out sometime" She suggested, being friendly. I smiled brightly.

She's right, it's hard to find other vampire since you can't just tell everyone you're a vampire just to find vampire friend. Lucky me, now I have two!

"Take a rest" She left with a smile and I thanked her. After the meal, I gradually feels better.

"How can you possibly be here?" I asked him who yet still not leaving, taking care of me. He just smile, looking good in the school uniform same as mine. "No idea. The authorities just want us stick together, I guess" There he goes again, playing with words.

I flicked his forehead and he groaned in pain, holding his forehead. "It's because you're such a trouble maker, you rascal!" I looked at him angrily. He just laugh afterward. "I thought they going to sentence you to death" My tone suddenly lowered. I don't plan to.

"You worried about me?" He stared at me with his sparkling eyes.

True, I was. I thought I never have a chance to meet you again. "Anyway, I'm not gonna die that easily. I'm still young, come one!" He exclaimed. Yeah, you still think you're right with everything,

Even though sometimes you were wrong.

I laughed along with him, can't help it. I'm just happy seeing him back after all these years. It's been really a long time. "Did you miss me?" He asked. I held his hand,

"Yes" I admitted it.

He intertwined his hand with mine, being such a good player. "As a friend" I added. "Aishh, so annoying!" He pulled his hand away, whining after being rejected. I laughed loudly at my own joke and he laughed seeing me laughing. It's also been a while since I laugh this hard. I seriously missed him.

"So I heard, you eat human food before. How was it?" He's teasing me. Ugh, don't ask. "Horrible" I replied as he chuckled.

I bet he never taste it before. He is really proud of himself; being a vampire. He acted cocky sometimes, so he swore that never touch human's food. It's easy for him but for me, it's not. I have to act like human in front of human. For my own's sake, for my family's sake.

"Hey, Jiho--"

"It's Hanbin now. Kim Hanbin" He cut me off, telling his new name. So he caused trouble again? "What did you do this time?" I glared at him, he choked at the question, keeping a distance from me.

"I-I came on tv" He smiled as if he's not guilty. "It's really you then! You must be crazy! Why did you do the interview!" I reached to him, beating him nonstop. I told you, I'll beat him to death once I meet him "Aww!" He groaned in pain.

I exhaled heavily after done beating him. You should be grateful, he's alive. "I have no choice, I have to make a living" He's spitting out excuses now. "I live alone, you know" He smiled bitterly. He's successfully make me feel pity on him with that sad eyes.

"But, I was cool, don't you think so? I cut my hand like this! And then--" He excitedly re-acted the scene. Yeah, yeah, you did well, boy. Your questions still hunting me till now.

"Stop the bullshit-ness and let's go back to class" I cut him off with a flick on his forehead.

He's so something.

---

"Annyeonhaseyo, I'm Kim Hanbin" He bowed in front of the class. I smiled proudly at him. He make it to school at last.

"You know him?" Jiyong whispered at me. Wow, I don't expect him to focus on him. Because when it was my time, he didn't focus on me. "Yes," I couldn't stop smiling.

"He's handsome"

I hear some girls reaction, praising him. You're right! He's handsome, that's my friend, Kim Hanbin!

"What was that before?" He asked while teacher is teaching. I sensed nervousness in his voice.

"You mean?" I turned to him. He's avoiding my eyes and is he!? Blushing? "At the hallway.." He turned away, hiding his face.

What happened at the hallway? Holy shit! I almost bite him!

"Th-that w-was.." I'm trembling right now. I almost got caught. "I-I'm sorry. I-I was...out of my mind" I said, currently in a stuttering-mess stage.

"It's okay.." He breathed out. When I turn to him, he already slightly smiling. "Thanks" I just said without thinking much.

Well, it's not fully my fault. How the heck are you smell so good?

I turned to Hanbin, who is also sitting the back but he placed at the opposite corner. I look at him, biting the end of the pen while staring at me. I frowned, what are you doing?

Then, out of the blue, he winked at me with a naughty smirk.

Okay, that's it. In the conclusion, he's a crazy vamp.