31 | Changes

[ Jinhee's POV ]

"What do you think about Busan?"

"Mom, we talked about this. I'm not moving out again" I frowned at her sudden question.

She exhaled slowly, "How are you supposed to live when people keep talking about you? It breaks my heart!"

Her firm tone left me in silence. "But this is my last year! And..and I already settled in, I like this place. I need to look after Hanbin too"

I've decided. No more running away and pretending.

"Look after yourself before someone else!! We're moving out no matter what. Change your name, you're not Jinhee anymore!"

I frowned angrily, clenching my fist. I'm not going to lose now. "I hate running away!! I'm not going to move out! I won't!!"

---

I argued with my mom last night, it's not over yet actually. Whatever, let's forget about it. I'm not moving out, that's the final.

"Watch out!"

I noticed a fast moving ball move towards a familiar girl in front of me. My eyes widened as I run to her.

"Lisa!"

I held her shoulder tightly, covering her with my body shield. The ball hit my head as I fell to the ground and my head landed hard on the stone brick.

"Jinhee..."

"...hee"

Faded voice calling my name, mixed with ringing sound of my ears.

I saw a girl crying in front of me, "Li..saa..."

And everything became dark.

[ Lisa's POV ]

"Oh my god, Jinhee!!"

I crouched down next to her, holding her up. I saw blood dripping from the back of her head. I gasped loudly, my eyes become teary.

"Jinhee, are you okay?" I shook her body. But she looked unfocused, staring at me blankly. "Jinhee! Wake up"

"What happened!?" Jisoo and Chaeyong came running to us. "Help her!!"

I cried out loud when her eyes closed shut after whispering my name.

---

"She saved me"

Both of them didn't say a thing. I know, I hate her. But she just saved me. I don't know what else to say. She really sacrificed her life to save a jerk like me.

"It's okay, Lisa. She'll wake up soon" Jisoo caressed my back as I started to sob.

"But still....I'm really sorry" I looked down, holding the unconscious girl's hand tightly.

Jisoo hugged me, calming me, telling me everything will be alright. "Jinhee is really nice to us. She saved me once and bleed a lot because of me. I knew that she's a vampire before you guys yet I'm still be friends with her. Because she's a kind person"

You're right. I was stupid. "I'm sorry for stopping you Jisoo. I should listen to you. I'm really sorry!" Tears rolled down my cheeks again.

"From now on, let's go back to what we were before. Bestfriends, 4 of us" I nodded at Chaeyong's statement. Best friends again.

"Don't worry so much. She'll wake up soon. She's a vampire, she'll heal quickly" Said the doctor at the infirmary. We thanked her afterwards.

[ Jinhee's POV ]

Lisa held my hand tightly, making sure that I'm fine, she still have that worried looks on her. I chuckled, slowly pulling away from her.

"Don't worry. I'm fully recovered" I smiled sweetly at her. This time, I held her hand.

"I'm sorry...and thank you" She pouted  and about to cry. Oh gosh, she's so cute. "You said it like for like 100 times already!" I giggled at her, followed by the girls.

"You should eat now, Choi Jinhee. It's sheep blood" The doctor handed me a blood sachet. I looked worriedly at the girls. "It's okay. You should eat"

Lisa smiled sweetly. And I managed to fill my stomach calmly. It's strange, they really fine with me. I feel accepted. My friends made me feel nice and happy. Thank you, girls.

My eyes widened with the sight of a boy panting after rushing to me. I quickly put my meal away. He looked straight into my eyes, looking all worried.

"Jiyong.." Jisoo spoke out.

Why are you here? I don't want to see you. Leave.

"Can you guys leave us for a while?"

I stared at my unfinished blood sachet blankly while he hung his head low, playing with his fingers.

It's reminds me of us before we know each other. Always hard for him to break the ice. Always hopeless at it.

"Should we call the girls back?" I finally spoke out. He seemed fluttered with my question and looked up at me then look away again, clumsily.

He took a deep breath before starting, "You can have your drink. I-I won't mind" He said politely.

"It's okay. You'll probably mind" I refused. "Are you okay?" He asked the first question.

Still hurt me so bad.

"Speedy recover. No worries" I breathed out as he only nodded and the ice build up again. As I said, always hard for him to break the ice. "Why are you here, Jiyong-ssi?"

I asked, using honorific as if we don't know each other; I hope so.

"I was worried"

"Why?" I turned to face him. He returned the gaze with that loving-watery eyes. "Why, Jiyong?"

"I can't forget you"

A small smirk formed on my face as I looked away. How do I put this into words?

"You spread my secret, why did you do that?" I glared at him, my eyes already pooling. "I'm sorry. It wasn't me, please believe in me"

He tried to hold my hand and I pulled away. "I'm a vampire. You hate me. I can't changed your mind. I can't change...us"

"I don't hate you, I can't" A sad smile appeared on his lips. "But you did changed my mind" He added.

Changed your mind about what?

"You changed my mind about us"

His warmness gradually spread from my hand that he hold. It's a weird feeling, mixed feelings dominated by happiness.

What is this feeling? I'm confused.

I pulled my hand from him, looking away. "I'll move out. I won't see you again so don't worry. You're wrong...

...I can't change us"