02 | Closer

"Did you saw last night? Vampires live among us!"

You're right.

"I saw that thing cut his hand and it healed so quick! So scary!"

Thing!?

"Why that kind of thing even exist? I bet they suck human blood to live!"

We don't kill human. We don't drink human blood.

"Goosebumps! What's so good about blood? Disgusting!"

"That's because--" I turned to the gossip girls beside me. Oh shit! I don't mean too, I just can't stand them talking bad about me, I mean vampires. Now they looking at me like I'm weird.

"Because?" One of them asked. "B-Because their digestive system is different from us. That thing can't digest normal food, like ours" I'm not lying by the way yet I felt guilty for calling my own kind a thing. "I read it somewhere before" I faked a smile at them as they just nodded. They believe me, that's a relief.

I turned to my left and he, as always, staring outside the window. I don't want to bother him; I never did, since he looks so in peace.

And of course, he still stink.

---

"Jinhee, wanna come with us to the canteen" Some girls try to be friends with me. I smiled warmly at them, "It's okay, you guys can go" I refused. Told ya, I don't want to make friends.

"Why?"

Huh? Why do I feel like he can hear me thinking? I looked at him in respond. "Why aren't you eating?" He asked coldly. He didn't even look at me when talking.

"N-No reason" I stuttered, great; so embarrassing. "What about you? Aren't you eating too?" I scoffed and continued with my homework. He then got up and left the class, leaving me alone.

Is he upset? Is it because he wants to be alone? Oh, it's my fault now!? Haha!

I don't think so, boy.

---

I ran a little to the rooftop. I have my tomato juice with me so let's eat! I heard no one comes to this place because it's forbidden for student. I guess it's an ideal place since it's going to be quiet there. Yeah, let's eat in peace.

I took a step outside and walked toward the bench. How come there's a bench here when it's a forbidden place? "Maybe some naughty students came here, breaking the rules or whatever" I answered my own question.

Yea right, like you're not breaking the rule right now. Good job, Jinhee; the evil me said. No worries, I'll be quick.

I was taking out the straw when I hear footsteps coming closer behind me. My eyes widened as I turned around. Did I get caught?

"What are you doing here?" The familiar figure asked me, not just the figure, the smell is familiar too. "Kwon Jiyong.." My pupils were shaking. I slowly hid my tomato juice from him.

Why there's human here, interrupting my lunch? I thought no one goes here. Shit, maybe I was fooled. "Why are you here?" He continued asking. "Just taking some air" I stood up, feeling uncomfortable around him.

"Okay," He said. "Sit down and enjoy the fresh air as much as you want" He told, sitting on the bench. Huh? What, why? I thought you want me to leave.

I can't think properly for now. Let's take a seat anyway, enjoy the fresh air; like he said. And I just sat there awkwardly, doing nothing. He didn't talk, me didn't talk. Just enjoying the breeze and I suddenly felt hungry.

Hey, red head. I'm hungry!

"You can have your drink." He finally, finally! Broke the ice. "Thank you" I replied and I drunk the 'juice' excitedly.

That feels good. Full stomach and pretty views. Don't forget the fresh air. Why the heck they forbided us from coming to such a peaceful place?

I looked at the boy besides me. He looks so calm and-- "What are you staring at?" He turned to me, almost like glaring. I looked away, of course.

He's funny too. Without I knew it, I grins while biting the end of the straw.

---

[ Jiyong's POV ]

Sighing, I stares outside the window. Why noona?

-Flashback-

I saw my noona's car near the bus stop. She lowered the window, smiling widely, waving at me. "Why suddenly you want to pick me up?" I asked as soon as I got in.

"We're meeting someone" She smiled. It's suspicious. "Someone who?" I asked coldly, investigating. Is she talking about someone I'm thinking right now?

"You'll see" She looked away, avoiding my eyes. I knew it! "That vampire you're dating!?" I raised my voice angrily. "Come on, Jiyong--"

"Oh my God, noona! You're crazy!" I cut her off. "There are millions guys in the world and you chose him?" I couldn't hold my anger anymore. What's so good about vampires; those blood sucking demon.

"I love him, Jiyong!" She held the car's wheel tightly, almost crying. "They are monsters, demon! They killed our family" I clenched my teeth, my fist. I had to always to remind her over and over again that human and vampire can never get along.

Never.

"I'm not going. Have fun sucking blood with your boyfriend and forget about me" I slammed the door and stomped toward the bus.

"So disgusting!"

-End-

I sighed again. She's so clueless. Human and vampire loving each other? Hah! How funny. That's against the nature law. Sucks!

I turned to my right which I thought there's no one beside me. Ah, right. I have a deskmate now. She's so focus on what Sir is teaching.

"What are you looking at?" She takes a quick glance at me, almost like glaring. Gosh, she sounds like me. And I just naturally and slowly looked away. I can heard she's chuckling after clowning me.

She's funny. I slightly smiling as I decided to focus on Sir; like her. It's been two years since I have a deskmate. It's a new feeling.

Am I getting closer to her?

---

I'm sorry of there's any spelling mistakes or grammar mistakes. Be kind and correct me politely.