20 | Truth

No, she saw me.

"Don't look at me!" I shouted at her, asking her to turn away as the wounds healed without I want it. She took a few step back, afraid of the weird me.

"Don't look at me, please" My tears rolled down on my bleeding cheek.

No, you can't know who am I. You'll leave me. You'll scared of me. You'll think I'm a monster, just like everyone else.

"Y-You're...vam-vampire.."

I stood up with my wounds not fully healed. I ran away from her, hiding myself like I always did.

It shouldn't be this way. Our friendship shouldn't end this way.

---

I sat at the picnic table in a garden store where no student ever come here. I'm still crying, thinking the effects of this accident, getting restless and anxious.

"Jinhee"

Her voice was broken, her hands trembling and she's standing far away from me. I turned away from her.

"You should c-change now before anyone else see y-you" She walked closer to me, placing a uniform on the table right in front of me. It's her's because she's wearing her PE outfit.

"You scared of me" I muttered, loud enough for her to hear me. She gently held my bloody hand with her shaking hands.

"I am," She admitted it. "But you're my friend" I slowly turned to her with my teary eyes. I couldn't believe what I just heard.

We're still friends?

"You're so kind to all of us, to me. You saved me! You're my best friend!" She cried, holding my hand tighter.

So there's really a human who can accept us?

"I'm so sorry, Jinhee. You shouldn't have been hurt if you didn't save me" She's a sobbing mess now. She pulled me into her arms, hugging me so tight. "I promise I won't tell anyone"

And we ended up crying in each others arms and missed a few classes. I finally cleaned myself from the dried blood and changed into Jisoo's uniform.

She held my hand just like before even after knowing the truth about me.

"Don't tell anyone about this okay? Not even to Lisa and Chaeyong" I pulled out my pinky finger and she confidently agreed.

"Does Jiyong know about this?"

"No" I shortly answered. "If he knows, he won't like it" I added.

---

I turned to Jiyong. Strangely, today he didn't staring out through the window but the opposite side. He's staring at Hanbin, who is also spacing out during the class.

"What's the matter?" I approached him softly. He turned his gaze to me, "I think I saw Hanbin a few days ago" He whispered.

"When?" I showed concern. "In the middle of the night, in my room" He sounded serious.

"I think it just a dream. No worries" He caressed my hand, smiling. Okay then, it's kind of nonsense too actually.

But honestly, he's been acting so weird lately. He's no longer eat with us. He just disappear with Jennie during recess. It seems like he's parting from us.

---

"Hanbin, where are you going?" I snatched his hand and he turns to me.

"Recess, of course. Time for lunch" He pulled his hand from my grip. "Let's go" He put his hand on Jennie's shoulder before he leave.

Is it just me, or Jennie really become more pale day by day. She almost looks like one of us. Something is off.

"You guys go first, I'll catch up later" I said to Lisa. They left to the canteen without me as I made my move, following Hanbin and Jennie.

I entered the school hall, walking to the backstage. I saw a dark room become bright as if there's someone just entered it. The door is slightly opened and I peeked my eyes through the small gap.

[ Hanbin's POV ]

"You should eat first" I handed her a bread with chocolate cream, her favorite. "Thanks" She smiled and took a seat.

While she's eating, I took out my grape juice and drunk it as my appetizer. Seeing her eating already make me full. We fought a few days ago, I realized that all she want is my attention. She wants to be loved, that's the main reason she came far from America.

So here we are, far from the others. Only two of us. Me and you.

Me and my food.

I caressed her soft hand before lifting her up on the table. She wrapped her arm around me, my hands still on her waist. I smirked at her as I leaned down on her sweet lips.

She kissed me like she's hungry for me while I'm the one who's hungry for her. She unbutton her own shirt, revealing her shoulders. I broke the kiss, caressing her cheek with a smile.

I took a look on her bruised shoulder as my smile faded, gently running my fingertips on her shoulders area. The old spots not even healed yet. Am I overdoing it?

Then, I realized she's much paler than the first time she came here.

I covered the shoulders, "I'll save for tonight" I buttoned up her shirt. "It's okay, it doesn't hurt at all" She looked into my sad eyes.

"It does hurt me. You need your blood more than I need" I sighed and hug her tight. "I can die for you"

"Don't even think about it" Because it won't worth it. I heard a loud thud from the outside and opened the door just in a blink.

"Jinhee?" I saw her on the floor, her eyes widened as if she's getting caught red handed spying on me.

"Are you okay?" I'm still a good friend of her after all, helping her getting up. "You said you will stop" Her low tone voice spoke out.

"You saw?"

"What have you done to her? What is she to you? How could you use her to fulfill your thirst?" She pushed my hand away, asking me with multiple questions that I don't even have a chance to answer.

I know what I do seems wrong to you, but to me it's not. I'm being myself; a vampire. "I'm sorry" I apologized anyway.

"Jinhee," I held her arms, asking her to look into my eyes. "You don't understand--"

"You'll be burn into ashes if the authorities know about this! I don't want to see you that way" She looked straight into my soul with her teary eyes, begging me stop.

"They won't know," I let her go slowly. "Unless you report me" I stepped away from her.

"Go. Go and report me. And watch your friend die"

I know you won't, Choi Jinhee.