24 | Love

[ Jihee's POV ]

Staying at Hanbin's is so not a good idea. Do I really have to stay up, protecting this boy? Why don't I just bring him to my house?

Yeah, right. Like my mom would not freak out.

"Are you feeling okay?" I asked him. He nodded as I smiled warmly, covering his body with the blanket. "Come over here"

I laid down next to him, looking at his slightly smiling face. "I'll sleep after you sleep" His sweet talk really made my heart throbbing. But, you're my number one priority.

"No, Jiyong. For today I'll watch you sleep. Next time, you will" I gently put my hand on his cheek. He placed his hand on top of mine, exhale slowly as he close his eyes.

Will it be next time?

---

"Can't sleep?"

"Oh my god, you scared m--"

He shut my mouth with his palm. "Everyone is sleeping" He said in a low tone. I nodded and removed his hand.

Both of us ended up at the kitchen floor, wishing no one can hear us talking, especially Jiyong.

"What did Jennie say when she knew about you?" I opened up the topic. He scoffs before he answer, "You're the best!"

The way he mocked her girlfriend so accurately is so funny. Then a loud sighed come out from my mouth, making him asking why. That's because her parents is still alive and not killed by vampires.

"I don't think I can hold onto him any longer" I blankly stared up. "It's overwhelming, keeping this secret of myself" I addef.

"I should put it to an end before it's too late" I just faked a smile. Just talking about this makes my heart aches.

"But you love him" I could feel his gaze on me. "Love? I knew he love his family more" I sighed softly. "I'm talking about you, not him"

"You love him, don't you?" He asked.

Me? I don't think I deserve to love him, I don't even deserve him at the first place. I do love him but he won't, when he know the truth.

"He'll leave me anyway. I think it's better if he leave without knowing what am I. What's about love? It's meaningless, painful, foolish" My voice lowered at each word.

That's the definition of love to me now. Which it's used to be sweet, warm, fluttering. To Jiyong, what is love?

"You don't have to, if he don't know" He patted my shoulder with a smile. A friend indeed, couraged me up.

"I'm afraid he'll know" I stated the thing that keeps me awake at night starting today. What should I do, if he know?

"He won't" He said. Really? "Even if he know, you can change his mind" He added. "Change his mind? His parents were murdered by something...like us"

"How do you think I ended up with Jennie when something like him killed my parents?"

If you know what am I...will you love me the same, Kwon Jiyong?

He successfully changed my mind but still, I'm not sure about that. Can someone like him really will be mind-changed? I doubt that.

[Hanbin's POV ]

I knocked on his door. When he opened the door, his eyes widened, lips parted. I know he'll surprise.

"I need to know the full story and I know you know"

He brought me to the dining table, served me a cup of warm blood, in case I'll get angry this thing can warm me up? Yeah, sarcasm.

"How have you been?"

It was like a week since the last time we met, he already asking.

"Good" I answered shortly. I have no intention to ask you back. Stop playing around the bush, I hate waiting.

"I think it's about you know the whole thing. I'm sorry I'm not telling you earlier, you were always a kid to me" He start. Seems like it's a long way to go.

"You're so naughty and stubborn back then. Always caused problem--"

"I remember that, you don't have to remind me. Let's start with the attack at house" I cut his bed time story and start my horror story, 15+ only.

"I don't know much about the attack. All I know is, it was a group of vampire, most of them are criminals and your parents are not one of them"

And I'm like: areyousure??

"Your parents came at the scene during the attack but failed to stop them. They only managed to save two children" He told. Really? To save the children? "But why?"

"Do you know that your parents are detectives? They catch bad people. If they're here now, you're dead, child" He glared at me after his last sentence. What? You want me to be glad they're gone now?

I just smiled awkwardly, "You're mistaken, I'm really a good person. I helped my friends last night"

And he give me that 'whatever' look.

"But I only remember a boy. What about the girl?" I asked curiously. He only nods. Good question, right prof? I know I'm a genius too.

"My sister," You mean, my mom. "Give the responsibility to take a good care of the girl to me" He continued. Oh, I see.

"She was a grown up girl, she decided to find her own way to survive. She was brave and strong willed. I have to let her go and she promised to come back once she succeeded" I could see his smile getting bigger and brighter when he talked about the girl.

"And she really did" He has that amazed look all over him.

"You mean, your girlfriend?" I finally asked. His eyes widen, "Wait, how did you know?"

I just shrugged, smirking. "Jinhee told me. She met you at their family dinner. You really gave her a trouble" I exhaled loudly, glaring at him.

"So she's your friend? A vampire?" He asked, raising his voice in curiosity. I only nodded. "Her brother, Jiyong is so something by the way. He almost killed me!"

"He's the rose-blooded boy I talked about, he's Jinhee's boyfriend" As if I just opened the Pandora's box, he gasped loudly.

"I knew it! So he must got it from his parents" He said. Just now you figured it out?

"I think it's fate" He smiled widely. "Cut it off, I don't believe in that crap"

"But...I though he hate vampires, yet he's dating a vampire" He rubbed his chin with his fingers, looking like a total nerd.

"Maybe he just hate you" I joked as I chuckled softly. He looked all hopeless and sad when I said that. Uncle, you're fun to tease. "Just kidding. He doesn't know about her"

Just thinking about it sounds so painful. Can he really accept her? He better does, if not I'll shred him into pieces.

Vampire and human is one after all.