CHAPTER 3 : A NEW FRIEND

Satoru finally able to found someone in that forest who could help him about analyzing the situation.Gundalf's really greatful to him as he saved him from bandits.

Gundalf was a tall and muscular man with wide shoulder.from his looks,satoru was sure that he must be able to take those bandits on his own,until satoru saw an injury to his waist but Gundalf hid it when satoru was looking at it.he was wearing a thin green upper clothing and black pant.he had a white scarf tied to his head.
"So where are you from?" You seem like an adventurer."
Gandulf said while looking at him as satoru was holding sword in his left hand.
"You don't seem to be from around here."
Gundalf had find satoru's clothes a little weird.it was obvious by the any way as satoru was still wearing his school uniform.his uniform was shrouded by dirt.it must be because he was in cave before.

"Well,yeah.you are right about it.i am not from this place."
Satoru had realized that it was indeed in his favour as he will not need to give any explaination if Gundalf asked him about something he don't know from this world.
"So,where are you heading,anyway?"
"I was heading to the nearest town from here but i got lost in the forest".
" You mean town of the vale."
"Yeah.right."
Satoru was relieved as gundalf was able to find answer for his own question.he can't act like a kid in this world.there might me many things which could end up being bad for him.

"Well,since,you saved me,i can give you a lift.still i won't be able to take you to the town as i have to head to the city of pristol.you are welcomed to join me if you want."

"Yeah.sure.that would be big help for me."

Both of them rode on carriages and headed on the path.

While travelling, satoru was trying to think about his next move.as many things were going through his mind-
"I finally find someone at least who i can call ally.I can rather go to the city of pristol with him instead as it would be wise choice for me to stay with him.but still i have already told him that i want to go to town of vale and also he might find it odd that i have changed my decision.he might end up thinking about me as one of the bandits.he already know i am a good a swordsman so he must be cautious about me too."
"Hey pal,something's wrong."
Gundalf asked while awaking him from his deep thoughts.
"No.it's nothing.i was just a little lost."
"Oh,okay.by the way,don't you think you should change your clothes.they really don't seem to be of use now and you can't go to vale like this."
"I think your right.i really can't go like this."
"Well,i've got some new clothings back there.choose whichever you like."
"Thanks a lot."
"Don't mention it.go ahead.choose."
"Yeah.sure."
Satoru looked into carriage and found a suitable clothing for him.while looking he got his eyes on a jacket.it wasn't actually a jacket but looks more like it.he had seen that kind of clothing in manga for swordsmen.it was black in colour which was also something he liked.he took it out and tried it .it fitted him well.when gundalf saw him wearing that jacket his expressions changed.satoru got nervous as he thought if he's done somegthing wrong.he asked gundalf if everything was okay.
"Yeah.you know, this clothing,it was made by a great wizard.it has protecting magic within itself.if you wear it,you won't need to use to use any other armour as it increases your defense for both magic and defense.but"
"But...what?"
"You see.it is still unstable.it uses mana of a person for defense.but there wasn't much luck in using it,since it doesn't work well.it ends up exhausting a person as soon as he wears it and starts to drain his mana rapidly,it might even kill a person within half an hour due to large stress on mana supply and one can even explode.i am taking it to a wizard in pristol city but still it's just a trash."

"But i'm wearing it for quite a while but i'm not feeling anything like exhaustion."
"Wait.what did you just said?"
Gundalf stops his carriage and turned behind with surprised look.
"I can see that.but how is it possible?.many wizards who has large amount of mana storage has tried to use it still it was no luck.how can it even be possible now."
Satoru's smiling  but he soon realize that it must be something due to reincarnation.
"If that's really working,then you can keep it.after all you are the chosen one by this cape."
Gudalf was laughing out loud and satoru's a little embaressed to see his smile.

They continued their journey once again.
While satoru realized that magic was also part of these world as he listened gundalf talk about them.
(If magic does exist then i might be able to learn it.)
he asked gundalf about it while gundalf replied,
"It's not that easy kid.you have to train it for a long time.most wizards give their time for mana control from the time they born.thats why its hard to find magicians
Especially the ones who are equipped with fighting type of magic.still you can find some magic items for using magic instead."
"Is that so?"
Satoru felt it hard to learn magic.
As their journey proceeds satoru asked,
"Well,if its fine for you,could you tell me about that injury to your waist."
"So you finally saw.its not obvious when you saw an muscular man unable to fight some bandits.i got this injury during conflict with my companion merchants.
Still it will be healed soon.either way,thanks for your concern."

The afternoon was nearly passed as they were travelling.soon they thought that they should find some place to stay at night.satoru has started to trust gundalf more and more as they were progressing.

(Please consider giving a vote if you like the story.)