CHAPTER 21: MONSTER INVASION

Satoru ran outside and saw a sea of fire expanding just before his eyes. people were running here and there to save there lives. Satoru was good enough to analyse the situation
Monsters had attacked the village. Satoru rushed to villagers on the other side. Aria and others were following him.when satoru moved a little further, he saw ogres destroying houses and shops aroung. There were also goblins and Hop-goblins wandering and killing whoever they found. Especially most of the goblins and hop-goblins are equipped with broad log of woods. The wood logs Hop-goblins wielding were quiet heavy as their strength was also greater than normal ones. Normal goblins were just 4-5 feet tall while the hop- goblins were 6-7 feet. Hop-goblin would swing a whole woodlog with brute force and destroyed everything coming in their way. Ogres were also doing the same. Except that satoru Also saw some Druids along with them. There were just 3-4 of them but they were casting fireball magic to attack the villagers.

"Shu,sharley, help the villagers to get to safe place and heal the injured ones"

"Ok."

"Aria,we've got to take them on.i will fight on front.you protect my back."

"Got it."

Commands were given.everyone dispersed. Shu took out stormbreaker and attacked the ogres. He sprinted and swung his sword while attacking on one of the ogres. The ogre used his wood log amd counter but sword cut through it easily. Other ogres sensed satoru's presence and attacked him all at once. Satoru jumped and used double slash on the ogre in front of him. It made x mark just on his chest cutting through his heart. When he landed,other ogre behing him swung his log to hit satoru's head horizontally, but satoru knelt down and turned to use slash. The slash cut through his stomach. The insides of stomach came out as blood gushed out too. Other ogres was bit of afraid to see his movements. Suddenly large fireball make his way towards satoru's back as he was looking at ogres.
" Combined elemental- water slash"
A sound echoed behind satoru. Aria swund aquaris and cut the fireball into two pieces.
" Shu amd sharley have taken all villagers back to safe place."

"That's good."

Satoru was worried if he used ghe range attacks,any villager could get hurt. But now that all villagers were back to safe place he can use his strength to full extent.

"Let's do it."

Satoru moved like a flash of light and got closer to ogre

"Let's see how you guys handle this one."

" Fire cruser"

Satoru slashed and a wave of fire start to burn anyyhing getting in its way. More than 3 ogres were down to ground. Aria jumped and used water slashes to kill hop goblins and ogres at the same time.
Satoru used " Wind cutter." A wave of piercing wind flows cutting down monsters inyo two parts.both of them fighting while covering each others backs.

The problem was the number of monsters. Even if satoru and aria doing their best in that situation,  other monsters could easily surround the whole village which could've be a grave danger to other villagers who might not be able to protect themselves. Except that there were many women and children too in the village. Satoru was definitely aware of that fact.  Hence he was trying his best to keep all monsters at their bay but he knew it wouldn't going to be enough.
     Satoru increased his movements and used his skills. He already defeated more than 10 ogres and 6 hop - goblins. Aria was also doing her best.
   Satoru saw 3 tall ogres nearly about 10 feets in height which we're heading straight towards village. If those monsters end up getting inside the village,  there's no way they could hold others off for a long time. Most of the goblins had already invaded deep into village. Some of the young villagers were also fighting and killing the goblins wandering around village.
    "Aria,  did you see those giants? '

" Yeah. We have to do something or there will be nothing left apart from ashes. "

"I'll go and defeat them. You stay here and protect the villagers."

" As you say"

Satoru rushed forward while aria fall back a little.  shu and sharley had also been fighting the battle. They soon joined up with aria.

  Satoru's legs were running on wind. Any goblins or ogres coming in his way are getting chopped up into pieces within a blink of am eye. Satoru's wind cutter had been really usefull by now. The giants were not far away. Satoru jumped and was about to use fire cruser on one of the 3 giants but suddenly a fire ball came out of nowhere satoru was in mid-air. It was a direct hit. Satoru fell down while one of the three giant threw a big log of wood at him which hitted satoru right in his back. The blood gushed through his mouth. An imapct as powerful as that wood easily broke few bones in human body but the blackwyrm  jacket satoru was wearing decreased the power of the attack. Hence, even though he was hitted by two attack right from the front, he was still breathing. The fireball had thrown by a druid guarding the three giants.he looked powerful than other druids too. Satoru was lying on ground. Every part of his body was in immence pain. He was not able to even stand perfectly. The druid was coming closer to him.

"Damn, what should i do? The last attack was so powerful that i can't even feel legs."

"Master.." (Aria shouted)

" Still, i have one more weapon in my arsenal"

"Fire magic - Fireball"

     A big Fireball appeared right on top of satoru's head. As satoru moved hos hands, the fireball floated towards the druid. The druid also used fireball to counter.

Satoru put all of his effort in the fireball.both fireballs collided. A big explosion erupted.

"Sorry but not this time."

Satoru smiled while a the fireball came out and hitted the druid. The druid got burned and turned into ashes.satoru learned fireball after his last battle with dungeon guardian. He was also amazed when he checked his status and found a magic attack right in there.

    He took his sword lying on the ground and stood up with the remaining power he had left in his body.

"I just have energy left to one skill more.
So gotta use it more effectlively."

Satoru muttered while blood flowing through his waist and his mouth.

Satoru sprinted like lightning. The 3 giants were just few meters away from him. They saw satoru coming right towards them. One of them howled and threw the wooden log towrds satoru but satoru dodged it. This time satoru was moving on the adrenaline flow in his body. The powerful fireball attack took lot of mana from him than a normal skill attack.
       Satoru jumped right in front of them.

" Fire cruser "

A giant flame rised from his sword and envoloped the three giants. The sgiants screamed which was so loud that it could even be heard from few miles. The big giants collapsed while burning in those flames. Not so long after, none of them were breathing.
     Many monsters saw the giang ogres falling down as well as heard the scream.   Many small goblins started to fall back after what satoru did. Aria,shu and sharley also saw the incident.

" I..   Did.. It .."

Satoru felt a satisfaction whike he was falling down to ground.as he fell down, he lost his senses and became unconcious. Aria quickly moved to helped him but hop goblins blocked her way. Same for shu too when he rushed towards satoru. Remaining ogres started to surround the satoru while holding their logs. Satoru was unconcious lying on the ground helpless.

"Brother......."

"Master......"

Aria and shu screamed at the top of their voices.