CHAPTER 4: THE VILLAGE

The sun was going down as satoru and Gundalf continued their journey.they already crossed the forest and moving forward.Gundalf suggested to find some place to stay at night as it won't be too long before the sun sets.meanwhile,satoru noticed another caravan heading to the same direction as theirs.it was coming from south and going to north.it was a little bigger than the one satoru had.it was most likely used to transport people rather than just goods which is the reason he thought for of its size.That caravan stopped near a huge tree for a little break which is little further ahead from their carriage.while passing satoru saw about 3 women and 2 men getting out of caravan and resting in shadow of tree.one of the man in caravan was looking wealthy and fat from his looks while others have normal clothings.satoru suddenly noticed a girl with brown hairs,blue eyes with slender body.satoru just lost his senses as soon as he looked at her.she was a pure ideal of beauty.Gundalf noticed him looking at the girl and smiled until they moved forward and that caravan got out of their view.
"Hey pal,are you done staring cause i have some news."
"Hey,i wasn't staring at all.i was just noticing ok."
Satoru replied while taking his eyes off from him.
"Yeah.whatever.its normal for the kids around your age.
listen,the sun will set soon.look their."
Gundalf pointed his finger to the village in south."we can stay there for a night.its dangerous to sleep out in this field anyway."satoru agreed as they move towards village.
They arrived in village about time before the sun sets.gundalf talked to villagers and village chief for the permission to stay for night while satoru was staying near carriage.Gundalf soon returned with a villager to the carriage.he introduced satoru with him.suddenly they heard a quarrel between two villagers.soon many people gathered.satoru and gundalf also reached to the spot.

"Listen to me old hag,just give my money or i'll beat you death."
A man within his 40's was shouting at old lady.it seems like he was drunk.
"I won't give you a penny.i have already given you the amount for work you have done.now please stop shouting and go home."
"You bitch.."
That man went mad and attacked on old lady while some villagers groped him and beated him.suddenly a woman in her 30's comes in and stopped others.she apologized and took him away from quarrel.after that everything became quiet and everyone went to their work.satoru got confused about whats going on while villager with gundalf was telling him something.
The villager gave them a little hut to spend night as well as food and water for both and horses of carriage.while gundalf feeding horses satoru asked about quarrel happen before.
Gundalf started to explain-
" Well,that drunk man you saw was once a city guard town of vale before he found to be corrupted.he was then fired and living in this village as this was his birthplace.he do fieldwork for villagers because of his strength in exchange money.but now people say he has gone mad.villagers are also angry with his behaviour.he don't have any relatives or friends.thats why he lives in hut just behind the ones we are living."

Suddenly a villager called gundalf.so gundalf went to see him.satoru continued to feed horses while he is gone.
Satoru to himself -
"wait.gundalf said he don't have any relatives or friends,doesn't he?then who was that women who saved him and took him with her.its contradicting."satoru's done for feeding so he went to get water behind the hut.he suddenly heard someone screaming in a low voice.satory felt terrible.it was that madman's hut from where the voice was coming.he quietly walked and peep through window.
Satoru was terrified by the scene in front of him.that madman was hitting that women. she was laying on ground while blood gushing through her mouth.she had several injuries on her body.satoru tried to hear and found that the madman was shouting while being drunk holding her responsible for the loss of money he had from that old lady.
Satoru kicked the door of hut while holding his sword in his hand.he rushed towards the madman and swung his sword faster than speed of light and hit the man.madman get angry and went after satoru but satoru avoided the attack and punched him straight to face.the mad man collapsed and passed out.satoru put his sword back in scabberd around his waist.
He turned around to see that women.as soon he turned,he got a punch in his stomach.he's surprised.it was none other than that women.satoru move aside while that women ran towards that madman to see if he's okay.he's totally in confusion.
"What's your damn problem?"-(that women said.)
" I was just saving you from him."
"When did i said i need to be saved.don't run around being hero you asshole.if something happens to him,i swear i'll kill you."
"What?what have i done.is she mad too." Satoru muttered this words while being confused. Gundalf arrived at door due to chaos and took satoru with him and apologized to women for intervence.
Satoru was angry.he thought thateven though he had done right thing,he was the one accused for crime.Gundalf and satoru arrived at their hut and started to prepare to sleep.both of them were quiet until then.
Satoru tried to spoke up to gundalf that he had done nothing wrong.he was just saving her.
Gundalf looked at him with anger in his eyes and said,"you don't need to interfare
In someone others personal things .its a lame thing."
Satoru got confused due to his words and said,
"I was saving that girl from that madman.i wasn't interfaring in others personal things.either way that women isn't a thing,is she?"
"Yes. she is."
Satoru gone deaf by hearing those words.
"What are you saying?"
"Wait.you don't know."
"What is it that i don't know?"
"Oh.thats may be my fault.i went to get us food so i wasn't able to tell you whole story.that women,she's a slave."
"What? A slave."
Satoru responded with cold tone.

( please vote me if you have liked my writing.it would really encourage to write the story further.as an author,your respose is valuable for me.thanks for reading.)