CHAPTER 5: FIDELITY

"Yeah.a slave."
Gundalf wasn't surprised by satoru's reply as he now aware of satoru's knowledge about this world.Gundalf saw satoru's reaction and continued-
"He bought her while he was a guard of the town.he must have used his corrupted money for his own pleasure.cause buying slave as good as her isn't cheap."
"What do you mean by as good as her?"
"Didn't you see.she was still in her 30s.that means she must be very young when he bought her."
"So young slaves are costly?"
"Yes.they are.young slaves have better physical abilities compared to old ones.
They can huge help for heavy working where man power is required.i myself do own some."
"Eh?"

Satoru looked at him with an expressionless face.

"Hey,don't look at me like this.i don't treat them same as that man.actually the ones i own are quiet good.they help me with
Accounting,carring different goods,in selling and buying,in keeping everything arranged,in my travels and lots of other stuffs.being merchant isn't an easy job you see.and in exchange i give them enough food,shelter and their basic needs.thats the contract bound by any slave and master in this world."

"Oh.i understant it now.its more like give and take thing.but don't you think this is wrong,i mean forcing someone to become slave."

"Well.see.it depends on how you see things.the people being enslaved may or may not be forced."

"What do you mean by that?"

"Its true that many slaves are actually former war prisoners but still some are criminals who were punished to become slaves for their acts while some are slaves because of their own will."

"I got that.but why would someone enslave themself.its totally wrong."
I know what how you are thinking.but its true.there are sometimes when being slave can brought some good."

"How is that?"

"I don't have any proof for that now but you might understand it when you end up finding situation like this."

"Ok.but that women protected the madman.if he died,wouldn't it be good for her."

"No.it is not."

"How?"

"When someone becomes slave,a magic seal is casted upon the slaves.so if they betray their masters,they will be punished in a way you can't even imagine.and if their master dies in any way,they die too if their master don't release them before he die.it wouldn't be easier to control slaves who were criminal in any other way,don't you think?"

"Oh.i get it.thats why she protected him."

"No.thats not particularly true i think."

"Why?you just said so."

"If madman is a bad master.don't you think she would be happy to see him beat up.after all he was just passed out and hadn't died."

"Yeah.you are right."

"She must care about him in real too.she wasn't happy when you beat him.she also apologizes and saved him from villagers back their too."

"Yes.that's true."

Gundalf smirked and said-
"Well.let's cut it out.you can't tell something you don't know.so we should just sleep now.it's already too late and we have too many things to do tomorrow so let's get to bed."

"Ok.good night."

Lights were turned off while satoru was lying on his bed.he started to remember his home,his mother,his old life.would he be able to go back ever again?who knows.he ended up in deep sleep while recalling everything.the moon in the sky was shining bright while tears were dropping from satoru's eyes.