CHAPTER 14 : BATTLEGROUND

The walls of the dungeon had splashes all over them.as satoru turned left as he saw dead bodies of around 4 to 5 adventurers.the floor was painted with blood.their weapons were broken into pieces.he saw two men had big hole in stomach.while one of them had head cut off.he walked a little further unconsciously as he saw a girl was cut into half.she was holding a wand in one of hand.she might be an healer.satoru was shocked to see what's in front of him.he was about to vomit but somehow controlled himself.they were the same pack of adventurers he saw sometime ago when they pass by.
"It's not unexpected for adventurers to die in dungeons,master "
"Yes.i know aria.but still it's....
Let's go.we should move forward."
"Yes.master"

Satoru and aria started moving again.as they were moving deeper,the dungeon is getting wider.soon the saw some monsters moving towards them.they have rock like shell on their back.

GORYTEN,LEVEL 21
Earth monster

SKILLS :
Rollout
Dig attack

ELEMENTAL AFFINITY : Earth

Satoru judged the monsters abilities and attacked them.there were about 10 or 12 of them.four of them attacked.satoru quickly take his sword out and held high and shouted,"fire slash ".the sword was covered in fire as satoru rushed.satoru swing his sword and knocked out two of them.Fire slash cut through their shells like it was nothing.Aria also attacked but her scimitar isn't able to cut through the shell.She quickly attacked the knocked out Gorytens.it is instant kill as the shells were broken.
" I'll be on front.you cover me from back."
"Got it,master "
Satoru sprinted again and used fire slash on remaining two Gorytens.Aria quickly supported him from back and killed them with her agility.their teamwork was improving.they were able to understand each others moves now.
Satoru attackes within second and used fire slash with full power on three of Gorytens.they turned into crystals right on spot.satoru moved forward while Aria attacked on two Gorytens.she was constantly avoiding with her agility and attacking again and again.she would attack on gorytens weak spot each time.after five or six times,the shell of goryten cracked and she pierced her sword into it.while.other goryten attacked with rollout.it encloses his body under shell and moved as boulder.she avoided and attacked on it's skin as it's attack is over.
Satoru already kill two more with fire slash.one of the Goryten used rollout.satoru tried to avoid and moved left but it also changed it's direction.satoru hit him with sword and knocked him out but second one hit him from behind.he collapsed and his sword fell on ground.the Goryten used rollout again.satoru was unarmed.Aria rushed as she saw satoru on ground but he wass too far.Goryten was about to hit satoru.Aria closed her eyes due to fear.
When she opened her eyes,she saw satoru stop rollout attack just with bare hands.Aria rusheed and hit it with her scimitar as it knock out.satoru is stunned himself due to his power.he quickly grabbed his sword and kill it.some more Gorytens attacked but satoru and aria kill them without hesitation.
All of them were killed.satoru and aria was really tired.but they were happy.they had fought a long fight and won.they killed about 15-16 Gorytens.Aria grabbed all the crystals.
"You did really great,aria.your agility is really awsome."
"No.master.we win just because of your new skills.that fire slash was really cool."
"Really?"
"Hm."
Satoru blushed.while aria smirked in reply.
"We should quit for today.we have fought enough."
"As you say,master.i see light coming from that direction.there must be some way out."
She pointed out the way
"Okay.then let's go."
"Yeah".
Satoru and aria headed to that direction.it was really a way out.they come out through an entrance as cave.
They walked for a bit.it was already dark.they had passed a whole day in dungeon.satoru saw some torches lighted with fire at some distance.both of them headed to that direction.
As they reached,they saw there were numerous camps and gurads.satoru saw flags on tents.he acknowledged instantly what that means.it was a squadron of royal army of kingdom silph.
" What is royal army doing here?it's not like they are here for dungeon,right?aria"
"It doesn't seem to be.it seems like they are just here to stay for night."
"If that's how it is.we can ask them for little help,right?"
"I don't know.it shouldn't be a problem."
Aria said while looking down with pale face.
Both of them met the gurads petrolling the area and ask if they could stay the night.suddenly a tall,muscular man with brown mustach and wearing silver armour came in front of them.
"General!"
Both guards saluted.
"We are adventurers.we just wanted to stay here for night by your permission."
Satoru asked.
General is quiet for a bit.he was staring at satoru and aria and their equipments.then he said.
"You are sure about this.i mean you living with hot chick in our camp."
( shoot.why don't i realize this earlier.thats why she was pale.it was obvious she don't want to sleep here.)
Satoru look pale expressions on aria's face.
"You are right.but it is also dangerous to stay here at night as dungeon is close by"
General laughed and said,
"You are right,boy.i trust my companions,they are not bad people.i can see your situation.you can camp near the back of the other camps.that place would be best for you and you will be away from unnecessary trouble."
"Thank you,sir.may i ask your name?"
"I am zerick,second in command of third squadron of silph's royal army."
"Oh.i am satoru,an adventurer.and she's Aria."
"Your slave,huh?"
"Ah?how..do you know?"
"I just have keen eyes.go now.i have some important matters to attend.if you need something,just call me or one of the guards,the'll help you."
"Thanks.ok."
Zerick left.satoru and aria wenr to the backside where they put their tent.that place was quiet and away from soldiers night crowd partying things.satoru and aria made arrangements for sleeping as they were tired from fighting all day.
"I'm sorry,Aria.I should've understand that you would be uncomfortable around all those knights."
"No,Master.It's not like that.It's fine.if we end up spending night like last time,we might end up in danger like last time,so it's okay.don't worry about it."

Satoru is feeling numb.From the day he met her,she never complained and always covered for satoru.that's why satoru was feeling gratitude towards Aria.
Satoru pulled her closer and embrace her in his arms.she was also blushing.
"You know what,you don't need to cover for me always.If you are uncomfortable,just say it."
"But,i shouldn't.as a servant,i should be grateful.even after being slave,you never make me feel like that.you took care of me,help me,gave me good food,a place to sleep in your arms.how could i ask for anymore?"
Satoru i
Was blindfolded.he didn't had any words to say.he just lifted her chin up and kiss her.satoru was feeling pressure between their lips. It made satoru aroused.he was thinking about pushing her down but both of them are tired as hell.And also they were in camp.it would be dreadful.
Suddenly satoru noticed a ring in her finger and asked,
"Hey,what's this?"
"Oh,this.this is magic ring for slaves.slave trader gave me this when you bought me."
"Oh.What does it do?"
"Well..umm..you don't know."
"No."
"Well,this is mostly for femal slaves."
"Female slaves?why's that?"
"Ah..you see,female slaves are mostly bought just to have pleasure.so..umm..sometimes,they can end up bearing child which their master does not want,so this ring prevents unnecessary trouble."
"Ah.ok."
Satoru felt like he asked wrong question.she was all red.but satoru understood the reason at least.
( Zerick must have understand that she is my slave by seeing this ring.but..there could be more reasons too.)
Satoru lied on bed.Aria also slept beside her.satoru waa just lost into looking at Aria's face.they had rough day but they got through it somehow.Both of them slept while satoru embraced Aria into his arms.