Chapter 25

"Can we go back home now." Carter complained for the millionth time as they walked hand in hand through a parking lot.

"Would you be quiet."

He shook their hands. "Come on Jay, we've been out all morning."

"I could be outchea' by myself but no you insisted that you come along so yo fault."

"That's only cause you said you were making one stop and that was to the grocery store not three more after that."

Jaycean laughed to herself as they entered the nail salon.

After going to the grocery store she headed to Family Dollar to stock up on feminine products then to find some Christmas outfits for the children along with Christmas shopping and shoe shopping.

It was her day off and she wanted to get done as many things as possible before she be stuck at work again.

"Have a seat and chill out. This won't take long."

Smacking his lips he glanced around at the females who stared back at him.

Quickly grabbing a chair he  sat super close next to Jay. "Why they looking at me like I'ma piece of meat."

Giggling to herself she did a quick scan around the shop.

"You're the only man in here." spoke the nail tech cleaning her area. "That's all they do, stare and gossip."

"That's all they better do cause whoopin' ass wasn't scheduled in my plans today." Jay mumbled looking through colors.

The nail tech laughed out at her nonchalant mood.

"Babe which colour." Jay asked picking up a bright lime green.

"Blue." without thinking Carter replied quickly.

"Figures. Which though, baybeh blue, sky blue, dark blue, light blue."

"Crip blue." he cut her off.

Shaking her head girlie started on her nails. Jay only wanted a simple set with short nails nothing extravagant and long since she does work.

"We going home after this right."

At this point Carter was sounding like one of the kids.

"Ask me that once more and you'll be walking."

He groaned pulling out his phone. "You not giving me a straight answer so that must means we gotta go somewhere else."

"Well it's one-forty something and once we leave hea' and go to the beauty supply it would be time to pick up the babies."

"Beauty supply for whaaaat Jay." he whined.

"I have to get more detangler spray Carter. Jayc'i and Kellean both are gonna wear some ponytails with barrettes or beads I don't know yet."

"They both tenderheaded Jay so what's the point in combing their hair when they won't let you."

She waved him off. "What makes you think imma send my babies to daycare looking like they don't have a mother who cares."

"Sometimes I ask myself who would let their child out the house looking like this when I drop off my baby." spoke the nail tech. "That's just wrong."

"Agreed. I refuse."

Carter looked at them both with his eyebrow raised. "Its not a big deal."

"Oh please Carty. You make sure Cartean and Cameron look just as fly as you when they leave the house."