Chapter 29

Excuse any fuck-ups.

Good-morning baby." Carter smiled kissing Jay on her head.

She opened her eyes staring at him. Catching the time on the wall read eight on the dot.

Why the fuck is he happy this damn early..she thought to herself.

Closing her eyes back she tried to go back to sleep.

"Wake up baby." he pulled her by her arms over his body. "We got business."

"What business Carter. It's too damn early for my eyes to be open." she spoke muffled.

"I know but your dad came by earlier took the kids and gave me an address to were this note came from."

"Address.." he heard her ask.

"The hideout in Houston."

Scoffing she pulled the cover over her head. "Good luck."

"Jay." he spoke in a sigh. "We can't continue to ignore Houston."

He was right. The trap in Houston has been abandoned since Jordon had got killed. Jay had refused to step foot over there.

"I don't want to go Carter."

"But you are so get yo ass up now. I need you there and you're going to be there whether you want to or not."

"I don't even care about the note anymore Carter so I don't need to be there."

Sighing he stood grabbing a duffle tossing in clothes. He really needed her to go with him.

"You going end of discussion."

"Why do you need me to Carter. I don't understand."

She was now up watching him sitting criss-cross apple sauce.

"Because you are the Lady Boss Jaycean. It is your job to be by my side when we hit another state you know that."

"You never said anything about it before."

"Cause you had a million and one things to do now you don't have a job you still do online school and all the kids are in school you have no excuse now."

She scoffed. "They were never fucking excuses then, I was taking care of my damn priorities."

"I didn't mean it like that."

"Whatever." she mumbled going to pack.

-

"Thank you for coming with me. Lord knows I do not want to be hea'."

"No problem." Alejandra spoke as we sat in the car. "Are they sure the note came from here."

"That's what Carter say. I never even seen the address. I just want to do what we gotta do and leave."

We were currently sitting at a gas station while the boys were inside. We were only two cars deep with just the immediate team members.

"Girl our new manager at work so damn fine. I try to stay far away from his ass as possible."

I chuckled. "You better cause I don't know how BashBash would act in a situation like that."

"Me either. He's not really a confrontational person.."

"We should set his ass up just to see if he'd beat somebody ass."

"And if he get his ass beat.."

"Never Alex." I called out part of her middle name. "That doesn't exist when you have a team like ours but we'll see."

The boys finally came back out and we were back on the road.