The Trip: chapter one

"YOU WHAT??" Marinette screamed as her mother continued to explain the situation. "I'm sorry dear, your father was offered a great opportunity to open another store in the United States! It's only two weeks-"

"Yes, Mama, but what was that last part again??" Marinette tried to keep her voice under control. "You will be staying with Alya for the first night, but Mrs. Cesaire has to work on Monday. So, you will be staying with the Agrestes the remainder of the trip." Her mother elbowed her and winked. Marinette winced. She was almost 18, surely she could stay by herself! Why would her own mother put her in such a situation? Adrien is a male, she is a female. Wouldn't her mother usually take precautions to avoid that exact situation? "Mama, why am I staying at the Agreste's? Can't I ask Rose or Juleka or Mylene?"

Her mother stared at her. Mrs. Cheng had gone over this three times with Marinette in the last fifteen minutes. "We have had this discussion multiple times dear," Mrs. Cheng let out a small laugh, "Rose has ballet performances and rehearsals our entire trip. Juleka lives on a boat, you'd get seasick, and Mylene is in Spain with her father for one of his plays. The Agrestes were the only other option! I trust Adrien and Gabriel, they will take excellent care of you."

Marinette groaned as she made one last desperate attempt to get out of it.
"Please, Mama! Can't I just stay here? I'm old enough! I'm almost 18..."
Mrs. Cheng let out a sigh. "You're almost 18, Marinette. You're not there yet. You still have more then half the year to go. I'm not comfortable leaving you here alone-"

Marinette sighed and began to walk away. "-wait. This was going to be a surprise, but Gabriel said he would be more then happy to give you private lessons in the design field while he watched over you. He seems to think you have a lot of talent, dear! He even said Adrien would be modeling anything you make!"

Marinette froze in her tracks. She imagined pinning fabric over Adrien's abs, feeling his warmth....pricking him with the needle, making him bleed, and leaving a scar!! Oh no, this could not happen!! "Mama, please..."

Sabine had run out of straws. This was her last one. She kept her cool, in efforts to not upset her daughter even further. "Dearest Marinette, please go upstairs and pack your clothes. We leave for the trip tomorrow afternoon."
Marinette turned back around and marched to up to her room.

'There has to be a way out of this,' she thought while furiously folding her clothes. Her hands moved in quick, sharp movements across the garments. Having one on one lessons with Gabriel Agreste would be fantastic, as long as Adrien had no involvement. She would no doubt make a fool of herself. While she had learned to control her stuttering, she was still more clumsy then normal around him. (Which no one knew was possible).

But spending a week and six nights sleeping in the same house, well, mansion actually, as Adrien would be amazing. She imagined Adrien sneaking into her guest bedroom and watching movies with her. She imagined playing with Adriens hair as they cuddled on the couch while watching the movie. She imagined Adrien kissing her forehead and falling asleep on her. (While she's playing with his hair, cuddling in the couch, and watching the movie)

Reality hit her as the toothbrush she thought she packed hit the ground. She jumped when it made a loud "thud" on the ground.

Adrien doesn't like you, Marinette. These two weeks are gonna be miserable....

Or are they?
/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/

A/N: Hey Guys! This is my first fanfic ever and I hope ur enjoying it! I plan on updating as many chapters as I possibly can as fast as humanly possible!! Thanks for reading! (Sorry if it sucked, please excuse any spelling errors n stuff)