Chapter 20

"What??" Tikki asked, acting surprised.

"I'm not even sure Tikki...what do I do? Adrien is the love of my life. I've been chasing after his romantic attraction for years, but he was always just out of reach. And now, he's finally in my grasp. But nothing can be easy can it? It's the exact opposite with Chat. I've rejected his affection for so long...I think he might be in love with...someone else now. What do I do??"

"Well, for starters, you can dry your hair. Or at least brush it!" Tikki giggled, "but I think it's ok to feel what you're feeling. You're just trying to explore all you options before you make a decision!"

Marinette sighed. "Yeah, I guess I should do something about this mop on my head. And thanks, that makes me feel a little better..." She said, walking to Adriens room to retrieve her brush.

"You're welcome Mari!" Tikki smiled warmly. As soon as she was out of Marinettes view, she covered her face with her hands. 'How dense can they be??'  Tikki thought as she paced mid-air.

Tikki had known about the tragic live square between her and Adrien for quite a while. At first, she thought it was only a matter of time before Marinette figured it out. Her girl was smart, there was no way she could miss that! Yet there they were, almost five years later with no progress. Tikki sighed and cuddled up in met makeshift bed. Her mind needed a break.

Marinette walked down the hall to Adriens room. 'Just breathe Mari,' she thought 'he's only the love of your life...or is he? No! I can't think like that...ugh' She shook her head to clear her thoughts before knocking on his door three times.

"Come in," He said in almost a dreamy tone.

Marinette walked in to see a shirtless Adrien sprawled out across his bed.

"Uhh...A-Adrien? She asked, frozen in place, "I-um think I f-forgot my hairbrush in here.."

Adrien sprung up from his bed, a blush appearing upon his tan cheeks. "Oh hi Mari! I'm so sorry, I thought it was Nathatile! I'll put a shirt on..." he said as he maneuvered around the fort they built the previous night to get to his closet.

"No-no it's ok I'm just grabbing something...plus your abs are hot-"
Marinette turned around and covered he mouth. 'Crap. I just said that.'

Adriens blush grew darker. 'Well, crap. She just said that.'