The Trip: Chapter 15

Caution: mentions of gore. if you are into that, I HIGHLY recommend @heykids8 s stories. They are a fantastic author and have such interesting stuff! Check them out, tell them I sent u! (Mention of death as well, proceed with caution) buckle up buttercup, this Chapter is gonna be long.

🔺🔺🔺

Ladybug sat in an alleyway, holding a bleeding Adrien in her arms. Shuriken, another akumatized victim, had thrown a blade at her. Adrien has jumped in the way, taking the hit. Ladybug sobbed, pressing her forehead to his and whispering for him to stay with her a little longer, just u til the ambulance arrived.

The akuma has been taken care of, and as angry as she was, she didn't want the victim to see what they had done. For she knew it was not their doing, but hawkmoths. She swore she would make him pay for this, if it was the last thing she ever did.

Adriens side was covered in blood, and while he still had a pulse, it was slow and not promising. She picked him up with the intention of bringing him to the hospital herself, only to hear him grunt in pain. She cried harder.

Adrien lifted a hand to her face, cupping her cheek. She could tell he was in pain just doing that.

"For you, M'lady. Only for you. When I said I'd do anything for you, I meant it. I love you, ladybug." He spoke in small gasps, but his voice was soothing and almost didn't match the situation. Realistically, he shouldn't be able to speak at all. If so, it would be short and strained words.

She held his hand on her face.
"No," she cried, "NO! ADRIEN! STAY WITH ME, JUST A FEELW MORE MINUTES,,,please!! Please..."

"I love you, Marinette"

And with that, his pulse was gone.

Marinette shot up from her nightmare. She screamed. Not loudly, but enough to grab the attention of anyone in a close vicinity.  Her cheecks we wet and sticky, her pillow was damp, and tikki was on her shoulder, shaking her. As soon as Tikki felt Marinette sit up, she flew in front of her face.
"Marinette!! Are you ok? You were having a nightmare, it was all fake! You're ok now." Marinette hugged her kwami. "Thank you Tikki..." she said. She started crying. She tried to stop it, but it wouldn't go away.

((Simultaneously))

As predicted, Adrien couldn't sleep. He had been laying on his bed for over an hour and a half now, just waiting for sleep to come. It had started pouring outside, thunderstorm. Not uncommon. Just inconvenient. He was convinced that if Marinette was with him, he would fall asleep no problem.
Then he heard a scream. Then sobs.
"Plagg!! Plagg!! Wake up! Someone screamed."

Plagg groaned "of course, right in the middle of my beautiful dream with my Camembert."

"Plagg, claws out!"

Chat Noir leapt our his window, using his super hearing to track down the sobs. Much to his surprise and dismay, it was  his princess crying.

'Princess' he thought 'Princess. Marinette is my...princess. The name had started out as a way to annoy her, then more of an inside joke, then an endearing term, but now, I actually mean it...in a romantic way...' He pushes his thoughts aside to deal with the damsel in distress.

He knocked on the window. He was soaked.

"Hide tikki," Marinette said when she saw Chat, "come in" she wiped her tears, but more came.

"Princess, whats wrong?" He asked, with a very serious look on his face.

"Hi kitty. You're soaked. Go get a towel from the bathroom."

He quickly did as she said and sat on the bed, parallel to her. "Now, tell me what's wrong. Are you hurt?"

Marinette shook her head. "Nightmare, that's all, nothing to bad." Marinette said calmly. Well, as calmly as she could between sharp inhales and deep breaths. He  gave her a hug. He was completely dry now, minus his hair, which was still damp.

"Marinette," he said with arms still around her, "you're crying. You're shaking. Please, tell me what happened. Because this is a big deal."

Marinette hugged him back. "You-you called me Marinette..." Chat smirked to himself. "Despurrate times call for despurrate measures." To his surprise, Marinette squeezed him tighter.

"Ok kitty, thank you...it was about Adrien, the boy I'm staying with. The boy I, ya know, have a thing for."

Chat blushed. Hearing her say that was like music to his ears.

"He...he got injured by an akuma, because of me. To save me. He just laid there, covered in blood, and there was nothing I could do. It-it was so real." Marinette began to sob once again. Chat hugged her tighter. "Hey, listen princess, it was just a dream. It's not real. Look around. Nothing's the same as in your dream. Adriens just fine." Chat said in a soothing tone.

"Thank you kitty." Marinette said between gasps.

"As much as I don't want to leave you Princess, my kwami is upset with me for transforming so late, so I have to go-" he lied. "I'll see you later, ok?" He said. Mari waved as he jumped out the window.

"Plagg, claws in. I'm gonna go get Marinette some water. You can go back to sleep. See you in the morning-" Adrien said as he raced to the kitchen.

"That's one kid in love, if you ask me," Plagg said with an eye roll, "I'd much rather eat my cheese."

~~

Knock knock, "Marinette, are you ok? I brought you some water...can I come in?" Adrien asked, loud enough for her to hear him but quiet enough to not wake anyone.

"Y-yes." He heard from inside the room. He turned the door knob and let himself in. He saw Marinette on the bed crying, a scene he had only left moments earlier. "Hey, are you alright? Here." He said as he sat on the bed with her, handing her the water.

"Yes, I'm alright. Thank you Adrien." She took a sip of the water. 'Is she allowed to look this pretty while 'ugly crying?' ' he asked himself. "Seriously Marinette," he cupped her cheeks and wiped her tears with his thumb, "what's the matter? How can I help?" He asked.

Marinette stared at him. His green eyes glistening, even when the clouds blocked the moon, his loose white t-shirt and basketball shorts. His slightly damp hair. 'What's that about?' She wondered. "I just had a nightmare," a tear slipped out of her eye. "You...died. It scared me. But I'm ok now that you're here." She met his eyes and gave him a very small smile.

"I died in your dream? And you're crying? Marinette..." he hugged her. "I'm ok, really. There's no need to cry. I'm right here." He scooted closer to her. Adrien grabbed her hand and put it in his chest. "Feel that? My hearts beating just fine. I'm still breathing. Besides, if it was real, I wouldn't be able to do this."

He put his lips on hers, allowing his urges to settle down. Marinette put the hand that wasn't on his chest on his neck, holding him. They separated for air.

"Feeling better?" He asked.
She nodded.

"Good." He planted a kiss on her forehead and began to walk out. She grabbed his wrist.

"Stay," She said sweetly. "Please?"

He smiled. "Sure."

He snuggled up next to her, hands on her hips, foreheads together.

And just as he thought, he fell asleep almost instantly with Marinette in his arms.

1278 words. My brain cries for help lol