Chapter 28

3 for 3 baby three chapters in one day 😤. I do it for you, my brainyacts!

Marinette looked up at him and smiled. She tucked a strand of loose hair behind her ear and slowly got out of the way. Adrien came down from the counter. Marinette started at Alya wide eyed and gobsmacked. "H-how long have you two been there?" Marinette asked, still out of breath.

"The whole time, Girl!" Alya said, squealing. "Just wait until the girls hear about this!" She said with a smile.

The group completely forgot about the cookies as Alya dragged Marinette upstairs.

They spent the rest of that night in awkward silence, watching a movie, then Alya and Nino had to head home. They said their farewells and they left.

As Marinette started walking off to her room, she caught Adrien staring at her. "What?" She asked, giggling.

"You're just so beautiful." He said. "Goodnight Mari." And he walked back into his room.

:/:/:/:/:/:/

The next morning, Marinette's sewing intermediate classes began. Gabriel started with an assessment test. Marinette confidently answered each question while Adrien sat next to her.

She handed Gabriel the test and watched as he took out a red sharpie. But no marks were drawn. He didn't even take off the cap. "Impossible." He said, re-reading the test again. "I designed this test to only be passed by the best of the best. The only person who's ever gotten all the questions right was-"

"My mother." Adrien said, taking Marinette's hand underneath the table.

"Ms. Dupain-Cheng, your skills truly to exceed my expectations. I'm afraid there's truly nothing more I can teach you by the book. To combat this, I will start a new line of clothing called MDC, your initials if I'm not mistaken, in which you will design the clothing and accessories for. However, this line will not be open for sale. Yet. I will tweak and criticize your designs until absolute perfection. At the end of the days you have with us, I will select 3 outfits. These will be manufactured and put out for sale. You will be given 1/2 of my cut of out proceeds. Do you understand?"

"Yes, Mr. Agreste. I will not disappoint you!" She exclaimed.

"Good," he said, "Here is your first assignment. I expect it due in the next few days."

"Yes sir." Marinette said, grabbing the piece of paper in his hand. She grabbed her sketchbook and headed to her guest bedroom.

"Hey. Mari? Wait up!" Adrien said laughing. "Father, am I allowed to be with her while she designs?" He asked.

"Son, I would like you to be by her side for the rest of your life. Now go catch up to your princess."

The words hit him on the head like an anvil. He began to walk. Why was his father being so supportive? Marinette seems to make him happy. And though he was sure he had no idea about his alter-egos nickname for her, he still wondered why he chose to refer to Marinette as Adriens princess.

He arrived at Marinette's door and knocked. "Can I come in?" He asked.

Meanwhile

"You seem to be fond of Adriens affection for Ms. Dupain-Cheng." Nathalie said. Gabriel watched his son chase after Marinette. "Yes," he began. "I haven't seen him this happy since...Emily. I think my boy has found true love."

/:/:/:/:

"Yes, come in." Marinette said.

Adrien opened the door. He saw his beautiful princess sitting on the bed, drawing intensely in her sketchbook.

He sat in front of her. "Whatcha doin?" He asked. She smiled at him. "Your father asked me to design a snug ball gown. So that's what I'm doing."

She looked up at him. In that position, he kinda looked like Chat Noir. Or was the her brain just playing tricks on her because she missed him so much?

Adrien smiled. The expression on her face slightly reminded him of Ladybug. The determination in her eyes seemed almost identical. But alas, it was impossible. He could never get that lucky.

"You look cute." She said to him. "Sitting like that. It's almost like you've never seen a sketch before." She said, chuckling.

"You always look cute no matter what." He said to her with a wink. She smiled. That means she liked it, right? Could he keep going? No...like Nino said, baby steps.

Unbeknownst to them, Tikki and Plagg were watching from afar. "They better just kiss already." Plagg said, eating his cheese covered bits of popcorn. "It's for their own good. And where did you get that?" Tikki said, covering her nose from the smell of his cheese. "It just so happens, I brought a chocolate one for you, sugar cube." He said, handing it to her. She gladly took it and continued watching the agonizing irony of the two love birds.

Marinette put the piece of paper in her sketchbook and closed it. "Ok. Come here." She said with a sigh. Adrien just looked at her. "What do you want me to do?" He said, thinking of all the things he would like to do to her. "Come lay next to me, silly." She said, putting another pillow beside her for him. "I need your expert opinion.

He laid down next to her. "Now. The dress I'm designing has a slim fit and flares out at the bottom, do you know what I mean?" He nodded. "Great. So, should I do no sleeves at all or bat sleeves?"

He pondered for a moment. "Depends, if there is something on the torso, like embroidery, it could get really busy really fast. What do you have in mind?"

She reopened her sketchbook and showed him. "Pink velvet and a cream embroidery with pearls along the neckline, and ends of the sleeves if we decide to add them."

He studied her drawing. Was there anything that this girl couldn't do? Every pencil stroke was absolute perfection. "I say bat sleeves."

She nodded. "I agree." She sat up and delicately added two perfectly symmetrical sleeves. "There." She said. "Dress is done. Now time for accessories!" She said.

Adrien lightly placed his hand over her book and lowered it. He started to crawl towards her. "Can that wait?" He asked, "I need to talk to you about something."