The Trip: Chapter 18

You've been warned. Be careful little eyes what you see and all that jazz.

Adrien was having an unhealthy amount of anxiety. Any anxiety was unhealthy, but this was excessive.

'What am I supposed to do?' Adrien thought. 'Mom. Mom would have the answers. If she were here...'

Adrien quickly brushed his teeth and gave Plagg some cheese. "Plagg, claws out." He said, more unenthusiastically as possible. He was not looking forward to this .

/;/;/;/;/;/

Marinette stepped out of the shower, her feet hitting the soft microfiber of the bath mat. She sighed, wonder if Adrien was still in her bed. 'Good thing I remembered my clothes.'

She mostly dried off and got dressed. Marinette looked around the room, trying to remember where she had put her hairbrush.

'Crap, it's in Adriens room,' she smiled, remembering him messing with her hair during their movie marathon. 'I'll just get it when he wakes up'

She ran her fingers through her hair in an attempt to get the knots out. It was successful, more or less.

She heard a knock on the window.
Marinette's head shot to the window as her breathing hitched.
She exhaled and let her feline friend in.

"Sorry Princess. I didn't mean to scare you." He said, smirking. Marinette roller her eyes. "What do you want, ya little stray?" She asked.

"Just checking in. What kind of knight would I be if I didn't do my job." Marinette felt her cheeks getting hotter. She put her hand on her head dramatically and sighed. "Whatever would I do without you?" She asked in a high pitch voice, mocking him. He only smirked.  "Well after your little incident last night, I just had to come and make sure you were ok." He said, getting more serious at the end.

"I'm fine, kitty." She said, walking away from him. "Yeah, well I cake to check on you earlier and you were asleep with that Agreste boy in your bed? What was that about?" He asked, trying to anticipate her reaction. "Oh- uh t-that? That was nothing...he came in t-to check on me. Like you did...it didn't go any farther then one kiss, that's it. I promise."

"Oh yeah? Did you enjoy that kiss?" He asked teasing her. "Actually, yes I did. I've been waiting very long for that, and for the record, 'that Agreste boy' is an excellent kisser. Probably twice the kisser you'll ever be." She said confidently.

"Me-ouch! Is that so princess? You've never even kissed me, how could you know?" He said chuckling. Marinette's blush grew darker. "I-um-Yeah...well we will just have to see won't we?" And just like that, their lips were together. Pressed. Intertwined. Connected. Chat Noir not Marinette expected this, it just sort of happened, but they both liked it. Chat pulled away, seen as she unknowingly kissed her crush's alter ego. Or was Chat her crush now? His head began to spin.

Marinette touched her lips with the tips of her fingers. "Hm, you're pretty good, kitty. I definitely underestimated you."

"Mari." She looked up at him. "What?" She asked innocently. "Why...why did you do that?"