Chapter 32

^i found an extended version of the meme hehe
👁👄👁 (Trying something dif today...lemme know what you think pleassssse)

The Agreste Mansion, after the defeat of Maniqueen.

"No, No!" Gabriel exclaimed, throwing his staff aside in anger. "This HAD to work. My plan was foolproof! How could that girl be so incompetent?" Gabriel gritted his teeth and clenched his fists. "One day, foolish heroes, you miraculouses will be mine!"

He stood in his secret chambers, staring out the butterfly window. "Nooroo, dark wings fall." He eventually said, defeated.

Nooroo knew better than to try and comfort his master. So, he floated quietly to the side until he was given permission to enter the miraculous.

Nathalie stood in Gabriel's unconcealed office, waiting for him to exit his lair. She had seen the live news coverage of the heroes defeating his latest villain with ease. She knew he could not be happy.

Gabriel emerged from the ground. Nathalie opened her mouth to speak, but he silenced her quickly, walking out of the room with a cold expression on his face.

He made his way down to Emily's bunker. She was in some sort of deep sleep, and Gabriel was determined to wake her up using the miraculous.

But of course, there was only one way to get them.

He had to defeat Ladybug and Chat Noir, he had no choice. His son was motherless, and Gabriel's world was constantly dark and gloomy without his wife's beaming smile.

He loved Adrien too, of course. With all of his heart. That was why he had to be protected from the dangers of this world. And when push came to shove, Adrien was a reminder of his mother. How the wretched world had taken her away from Gabriel that treacherous day.

There had to be a way to undo it.

To take back what he had lost, restore the order and sanity to his home. But to do that, he needed the most incredible plan yet. No more experimentation. No more hoping things would work out. No, he needed to devise a plan so cynical, so devastating, that the heroes would have no choice but to forfeit their precious jewels.

Gabriel looked at his wife longingly as the memories came flooding into his mind. She wasn't gone; she couldn't be. He will get her back.

"Nathalie, bring me my notes." He said into his tablet. "The notes sir? Or do you want your sketches for your latest collection?" With a single glance from Gabriel she knew what he wanted.

/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/

Within minutes, detailed notes of every akuma attack he had unleashed lay before him. He looked through them, remembering the emotions both he and the victim felt. Emotionally exhausting, yes, but a small price to pay in the end.

"A pattern. That's all I need to find..." He pondered as he read the notes. Hours went by as he dug through hundreds of pages of notes.

"Of course..." He said, his eyes growing wider. "Of course...that's it. Why didn't I see it sooner." He quickly re arranged the pages. "Anger is a second emotion. You cant have anger without sadness..." He recalled the words of his high school psychology teacher.

"But that isn't the truth. Anger isn't a second emotion..." He grabbed the paper in front of him. "It's a fourth emotion."

He scrambled, trying to find the evidence of his theory. He sounded like a crazy person, like he belonged in an insane asylum. But it was something, a lead to go off of. A theory that could revive his wife.

"You can't have anger without sadness..." he remembered how the bubbler was first sad Adrien couldn't have a birthday party, then how he was filled with rage.

"You cant have sadness without knowing happiness..." He said, recalling how Chloe was upset after Ladybug took away her miraculous.

"And you cant know happiness..."
He slammed his hands on the desk. he had cracked the code. "You can't know happiness without knowing love."

Love was the secret. Take that away and the world falls away. Just Emily's tragedy had made his world crumble.

He needed the most pure love. True love. Hard to find, but exists nevertheless. But where could he find such a thing?

....Adrien. Adrien and Marinette. Their love is true. He had been watching from the sidelines. He sees how Adriens eyes go soft when he looks into Marinette's. He saw how she would do anything for him.

Willpower. True love. The two strongest things known to man. Exactly what he needed.

A water droplet dripped onto Emily's capsule.

"Emily..." He said, watching the water slowly descend. She would want him to leave well enough alone. She would want him to see that Adrien is happy enough with his father and Marinette by his side. She would want him to be in love.

He had tried thinking that way. Offering to let Marinette stay with them. Trying to be supportive of the forming relationship. But this opportunity was irresistible. It would work.

It had to work.