The Trip: Chapter 13

As Adrien and Marinette built their fort, they remained completely silent. Not a word was exchanged between them, except the occasional 'sorry' after bumping into one another.

Adrien couldn't take the silence much longer. He'd lived most of his life on silence since his mother disappeared.

Marinette was uncomfortable as well. She wanted nothing more then to talk to Adrien, have a real conversation. But her words were never uttered and feelings never exposed.
~~~~~
They looked at their finished fort with smiles on their faces.

'Say something!!!' Their minds screamed.

They looked at eachother.

"Pound it?" They said instinctively in unison.

Marinette's eyes widened.
Adrien stares blankly at her.
They began to laugh.

"Hahahaha-pound it? Where- ha- where did that come from??" Marinette asked between laughs.

"I-hahahah- I'm not sure! I think I saw it on the news or something? Isn't that what Ladybug and Chat Noir say?"

"Oh, I think so! That's funny..."

Each of them played it off, shrugging the experience from their minds and focusing on the amazing thing they had created.

"So, movie first?" Adrien asked, masking his want to hold her in his arms best he could.

"Movie it is. What do you wanna watch?" Marinette replied. 'Today is the day,' She thought, 'the day I will finally be in Adrien's arms-'

"Uhhh, I'm not sure? I haven't watched half of the movies in those cases." Marinette's thoughts were interrupted by Adrien. He was gesturing towards his massive collection of CDs.

"Oh-uh....do you like Star Wars?"

Adrien chuckled. "What kind of question is that? Of course!"

"Awesome, movie marathon?" She asked, hoping he would say yes. Several hours to be in the presence of Adrien Agreste? Yes please.

Adrien looked at her in confusion. "Movie...marathon? But it's dark...we can't run. What's a movie  mara-" Adriens eyes widened. His lips turned downwards into a frown. "Oh...a movie marathon...uh...sure?"

Marinette was confused to say the least. Who wouldn't be? "Adrien? Are-are you ok?" She asked moving towards him slightly.

Adrien hung his head. "Uh..yeah I'm good...I haven't had a movie marathon since my mom has disappeared...it's just sad it's been so long that I couldn't even remember what it was. But yes, movie marathon for sure." He grabbed the movies from the case. "Shall we?"

"Um...I...sure?" Marinette watched as he slid the first movie into the player and grabbed the remote. She sat down, saddened by Adriens  melancholy tale. She motioned for him to sit with her.

They got situated under the blankets. Marinette leaned her head on his chest. "I'm so sorry about your mom. Ill try and make this a fun time, ok?"  'Real smooth Mari. Real smooth.' She thought. She patted herself on the back for that one.

Adriens pre-existing blush intensified. His heart beat quicker, and he was sure Marinette could feel it, which made him anxious, and that only made his heart rate increase. He nodded at Marinette and she smiled at him. "Thank you Marinette, really, for everything." 'Do it, Agreste! It's now or never, this is it.'
He bent down and kissed her on the head.

He watched as Marinette's body reacted to the kiss. Her eyes widened, she got chills, her eyes closed. "What did I do? I haven't done anything worth a thank you."

The movie finally started to play in the background.

"Yes, you have Marinette. You are my friend. You show compassion towards my situation, while even my own father makes it worse. You're always positive and you can always make me feel better when I'm in a bad mood. I stand by what I said at the park. You're
our -my- everyday Ladybug."

He looked her in her eyes, not breaking eye contact once throughout his speech.

Marinette grew teary-eyed listening to his words. Without thinking, she placed her lips onto his cheek, just as she had done at the park. She then turned around and they continued to laugh and converse throughout the movie, as if nothing happened.

But they both knew all to well what had just happened.

And they were both ecstatic. 

(Obviously all rights reserved I have no involvement with the Star Wars Series, it does not belong to me.)