Chapter 25

The seamstros poured into buildings, tearing apart everything looking for Adrien.

"We have to go before they get to him!" Ladybug said, having already thrown her yo-yo.

Once inside, Ladybug rushed to where she left Adrien. Chat found it a little suspicious that she made a B-line for where Marinette left him. Then again, ever since he started falling in love with Mari, he had begun to notice and catch on to things he never even thought of before. He was probably just overthinking, the first place you'd hide is a supply closet right? That or the bathroom?

"Chat...Chat! Oh my god! He's not here!" Ladybug panicked, going through the closet as if he was hidden behind a bottle of drain-o. "Ladybug, relax. He probably just moved! Let's split up, I'll check the next building, you check the kitchen."

"Ladybug?" Ladybug asked. "You called me Ladybug, not bugaboo or-" She turned to look at him, but he was gone.

Chat went though the back entrance and entered the kitchen, grabbing some cheese for Plagg, detransformed, and hid in the cabinet. "This isn't camembert!" Plagg protested after being handed his snack. "It'll have to do Plagg, now shhh!"

"Adrien? It's ladybug! Are you in here?" He came out of the closet, and Ladybug was relieved to have found him unharmed. "I'm all good, what's going on?" Ladybug grabbed him by the arm. "No time to explain, let's go. We need to get you somewhere safe!" After telling Chat she found him via miraculous-mail, she went outside and tossed her yo yo. They flung into the air as it retracted it's string.

After flinging around for some time, Ladybug hid Adrien in a disabled freezer of some restaurant on the other side of town. She gave him the key just Incase if emergency.

"Where is that cat?" Ladybug said, "I sent him a message so long ago." She opened her yo yo. Nothing. Chat hadn't even read the message yet. "Weird," she thought to herself. Chat usually read her messages seconds after she sent them. "I hope he's not in trouble."

She returned to the area in which she last saw Seamstress. Still no sign of Chat Noir.

"Find him! His father must pay for his injustices!" Ladybug lept onto a small building. The sun had almost gone down, making it harder to see her in her all black attire. She tried calling Chat. "Pick up, stupid cat!"

"Sorry Ladybug! I got caught up with the seamstros! I'll be there as soon as I can!" He hung up. He hung up on Ladybug. She could hardly believe it. Despite her love for Adrien, she always secretly enjoyed Chats small advances. She almost missed them. Almost.

Ladybug shook her head, trying to focus on the villain terrorizing the city. She looked for an object that could have been akumatized. There was a barrette in her dark hair, one that seemed out of place on her slick bun. That had to be it.

Chat Noir landed beside her with a thump. "Hey kitty." She said, trying to get a reaction out of him. "Ok, have you figured out where the akuma is?" He asked, disregarding her greeting. "Uh- yeah, I think it's in the barrette in her hair." Chat didn't even look at her. "Are you sure?" Chat asked. 'Why is he questioning me? He always trusts me...' "Yes, pretty sure." She looked at Chat. No evidence of love in his eyes. More like concern. Odd.

"Ok. What's the plan?" Ladybug took a moment to think. "I don't know how to get to her without her shooting us...lucky charm!"

A black spotted red tin can fabricated and fell in to her hands. "A can? What am I supposed to do with this?" She looked around, and in her vision Chats belt, a rooftop, and Seamstress lit up.

"That's it! Give me your belt kitty." He proceeded to take off his slick black belt and handed it to her as she explained the plan, "I'll throw this can onto that roof, and hopefully she'll go check it out, thinking it's one of us. Then, we'll ambush her from behind, and I'll restrain her with the belt who's you use your cataclysm to destroy her needle. Sound like a plan?" Chat looked directly into her eyes. "Let's make this happen."

Ladybug threw the can, and to their delight, Seamstress was intrigued. "I've got you now, Ladybug! And once I have you, I'll have the boy!"

Chat Noir called upon his cataclysm. Ladybug held the belt, they lept into action, restraining Seamstress as Chat Noir destroyed her weapon.

"No!" Seamstress screamed. She kicked And struggled in an attempt to free herself. Chat grabbed her barrette and broke it. A small purple butterfly emerged and flew away.

"No more evildoing for you little akuma. Time to de-evilise!" She captures the butterfly and released it. "Bye bye little butterfly" Ladybug said as the butterfly flew peacefully into the open air. Ladybug picked up the can. "Miraculous Ladybug!" She shouted, and a slew of ladybugs rushed to repair the damage the villain inflicted.

"Chat Noir? Ladybug? What am I doing here?" The Akuma victim asked. "Pound it!" Chat and Ladybug said in unison. "You were akumatized, now let's get you off this roof." Ladybug said, helping her up. "Adrien, oh no Adrien! Chat, could you please go get him and bring him back to that restaurant? I'll send you the location of where I hid him-" Chat smiled. "I got it Ladybug. Now help this young lady back to her home." Ladybug nodded. "Oh-and Chat?" She asked, "is something wrong? You haven't hit on me all day." Chat smirked. "Do you miss it, M'lday? It just so happens I have fallen in love." Chat jumped of the roof, using his staff to propel him forward. Ladybug shook her head and helped Caroline off the roof. She escorted her home. Ladybug's miraculous beeped, signaling she didn't have much time to get back to the restaurant. Two minutes. "Goodbye ladybug!" Caroline shouted as the superhero swung away.

She arrived at the restaurant with a mere 20 seconds remaining. She ducked behind a dumpster and detransformed. She walked back into the restaurant, pleased to see Adrien waiting for her. After what happened with Chats attitude, she really wanted some public display of affection from Adrien.

"Marinette!" He called. "Thank God you're ok, I was so worried about you." He gave her a tight hug. Marinette hugged him back. They both wished they could stay like that forever. But all good things must come to an end, and the gorilla arrived all to soon. They got in the car, both of them slightly upset their night had been interrupted.

Once they got back to the house, they went to Adriens room. They sat on the couch, not doing much. "Ok, I've had enough of this!" Adrien said, standing up from the couch. "We need to do something fun! We need to make use of the time we have, your lessons start tomorrow..." Marinette smiled in agreement. "I would like to do something 'fun' with him...no Marinette! Stop thinking like that! Be mature." She stood up. "Ok, what do you propose?" Adrien thought for a second. "I'm not sure, we could go get ice cream?" Marinettes eyes lit up. "Yeah! Let's go find Andre!"

"Marinette it's dark outside." Adrien said, She frowned. "Oh yeah, Andre probably won't be working this late, huh? We'll have to go tomorrow...but what about tonight?"

"Want to see if Alya and Nino can come over?"

"Sure, that sounds like a great idea" Marinette said, happy to be getting Alya for moral support.

"Great, I'll text Nino right now, we might want to change though. These clothes aren't very comfortable."

Marinette walked closer to Adrien. "Yeah, but you sure do look handsome in them." She grabbed the collar of his suit and kissed him. Then she just walked out the door, proud she made such a spontaneous move by herself.

Adrien just stood there, in complete shock of what she just did. He seemed to be falling deeper in love with her with each minute they spent together. Even more than Ladybug.

'Right, gotta text Nino. Once he gets here, maybe he can teach me how to make a move.'