Chapter 3: An Unexpected Guest

Marinette was just finishing packing when she heard a tap on her window. Outside stood a slim black figure with all-to-familiar cat ears. Reluctantly, she opened her window. Marinette was still fuming. "What do you want, Chat?" She said, eyeing him.

Adrien felt his heart sink. Was she really that upset about having to stay with him? Did she even know yet? Was he that lame? "Uh—just checking on my purrincess. Something wrong?" Chat felt his stomach tie into knots as he awaited her answer.

"Oh, it's nothing Chat. My parents are just going away for a long time..." Marinette trailed off. She felt guilty for being rude already.

Chat felt his posture worsen. "Oh, will you be staying here? Or will you be staying at Aly-um-a friends house?" Marinette looked at him, confused. Was he about to say Alya? "No, unfortunately not. My parents said they aren't comfortable leaving me alone until I'm 18. It's crazy, really. I'll be staying at my friend Adrien's house."

"This guy sounds super cool, but you don't seem too excited about staying with him." Chat mentally smacked himself for the self-promo. Marinette looked so worried. Did she dislike Adrien that much? His heart sunk deeper into his chest.

'Well kitty, I happen to have a huge crush on this guy and am so worried about messing up around him that it's literally making my stomach turn.' ...Is what she wanted to say to Chat.

What she really said was. "Yeah."

Chat felt tears forming in his eyes. It was weird, since he wasn't one to cry. He forced them back and continued to play it cool. "You seem really worried, Mari. Why aren't you looking forward to your vacation?"

"Because...I...uh...can't...I..." Marinette mumbled while trying to come up with an excuse. She felt her face burning up. There was no doubt in her mind she was red as her Ladybug costume right about now.

"Oooooo does my purrincess have a little crush?" Chat said feeling a little bit better. Marinette's face felt hotter. "I............yes?" She said. Chat had jumped down from the window and was now leaning against her wall. He filled up with joy. She doesn't hate Adrien! Yay! (He completely disregarded that he was the boy she was talking about, since his mind was in 'chat mode') "OoOoOooO," he said, unsure of what else to say. "Is it Adrien Agreste? The fashion model?"

How did he know that? "Uh-yes. But he's so much more then that! He's kind! Compassionate! Loving! Funny! Sweet, and a wonderful friend! His looks are just an added bonus." Marinette felt it all come out in a long ramble. Shoot.

Something in Chat's mind clicked. It was him she was taking about. He was Adrien and Adrien was him. He felt a blush appear under his mask. "Sounds l-like you r-real-ly like this g-guy..." He was stuttering...why was he stuttering? Why was he blushing? And had Marinette always been this pretty? Something about the way the light hit her big blue eyes felt very familiar. Something about the way her hair shimmered in her pigtails rang a bell...

Marinette was speechless. She had just told her partner the things she likes about Adrien. She will never hear the end of this. Great. And why was Chat stuttering? "It's...I...time...late...
dinner...food...eating..." Why was SHE stuttering. Chat looked just as confused as she was. Marinette gathered her thoughts, then spoke slowly and clearly. "It's 4:32, I have to eat dinner soon. You are welcome to stay, but you might want to head home so you can eat, too."

4:32; Adrien had a while before private fencing lessons, but he felt like he had invaded Marinette's privacy enough already, since she unknowingly told him she was in love with him. "Thanks. You're right. I'll be going..." He swiftly jumped back onto Marinette's windowsill, paused, waved goodbye, and jumped back into the city.

/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/

A/N: Hey Guys! Sorry if this chapter sucks it's super late while I'm writing this. (Sorry if this entire story sucks lol). And don't forget to comment any ideas or, well, comments, anywhere in the chapters! I would love to read your opinions!