The Trip: Chapter 8

Chat fiddled with his claws nervously as he walked through the door. "Uh- Alya, right? We can definitely do an interview later but for now...I need your help. Both of you."

Alya's eyes sparkled as she let out another shriek, trying to be quieter this time. Chat Noir came to her for help!

Marinette listened as her kitty was talking. He needed help? With what? Perhaps his strange father she had heard so little about. "What do you need help with ki-CHAT NOIR?" Marinette patted the mattress on Alya's bed, signaling for him to sit down next to her. Alya pulled up her bean bag chair and sat on it across from them.

Chat Noir blushed a few shades darker. "A-actually, it's about a...girl..." Gosh darn it!! He was stammering again!

Marinette felt a small blush appear on her cheeks. She assumed he would be talking about Ladybug and she didn't want to give him the wrong idea.

Alya leaned in a little bit. "Is this 'girl' Ladybug??"

"I have to keep that information a secret...just in case you can trace it back to my identity...or something."

"So ki-CHAT NOIR, what exactly do you need help with with this girl?"

Chat stares into her deep bluebell eyes getting lost in them. A slight smile appeared on his face, not just because of how beautiful she was, but also, he just realized she almost called him kitty in from of Alya twice.

"Uhhhh Chat Noir?" Alya asked, eyebrows raised in anticipation.

"O-oh yeah!! Um-I- want- I- like her a l-lot and she's coming to my house for a few days- while her um- because she- wants my father to teach her some things about- uh- shoes?" It wasn't exactly the truth, and it was a pretty sorry excuse for, well, an excuse, but if he told them what was actually happening, Marinette might realize he's Adrien! Ladybug would kill him!!

Marinette and Alya were slightly puzzled since his explanation barely made any sense. They exchanged a few glances.

"Well, if you really like this girl..." Marinette realized he couldn't possibly be talking about her since she definitely wasn't going to Adriens house to learn about shoes. Plus, any girl would be lucky to have Chat. He's smart, handsome, funny, except for his awful puns, which deep down she knew she absolutely loves, and- wait. She loves Adrien...why does she think this way of Chat? "...then I say you go for it. Take life by the horns...d-does she know you like her?"

Chat looked down and fiddled with his claws again. "Well, I actually just realized she was more then just a friend recently."

Just...just a friend. That was all to familiar to Marinette. She hung her head.

"Then maybe don't go in and ask her out right away. You said she's staying with you for a few days, right? Hang out with her, do slightly romantic things, like watching movies or looking at the stars or something. Then, once you warmed her up, go in and ask. When Nino and I were trapped at the zoo, he didn't ask me out until he was absolutely positive I was falling for him, even if it was just a little." Alya said, letting Marinette have a moment of silence for herself.

Chat lifted his head and stood up. "Thank you Alya. That sounds like a fantastic idea...now, how would you like an interview for the ladyblog? Oh- I-if that's ok with you! I know the Ladyblog is about Ladybug so if you don't want me in it I understand-"

Marinette stood up and joined Chat. "Are you kidding me??? The Ladyblog is about you AND Ladybug!! It's not like you are her sidekick! You are partners, and she couldn't do half the things she does without you! She's so lucky to have you!" She chuckled, already regretting what she was about to say, "I don't ever want you feline like that again, ok?!?"

Chat Noir blushed.

Hard.

Marinette just told him he was worth something. That he was more then just Ladybugs measly accomplice. That he deserved just as much credits Ladybug does...

Marinette also blushed. Ok...Maybe she had a teeny tiny crush on Chat...but her love for Adrien was stronger...

Alya just watched, only thinking about how Chat Noir has just offered her an interview.

"Of course I want one from you! Let's get a scoop!" Alya put her phone down for once and rushed downstairs to see if her mom had gone to teach cooking to little kids yet. It was Sunday, right? She couldn't find her mom...but found it peculiar she hasn't said goodbye.

"Hey, Alya! Your mom just texted you, she just left and was running late and forgot to say goodbye! She said she loves you and that Nora took the twins to the park! We have the house to ourselves!" Marinette yelled from upstairs.

"Ok, thanks girl!" Alya set up chairs , a table, drinks, and snacks for her interview setting. She went back upstairs, grabbed a notebook with pre written questions, and told Mari and Chat (who were sitting in silence) to go downstairs.

Mari filmed while Alya began to interview Chat Noir.

"Hey guys! Welcome to an exclusive interview with Paris's hero, Chat Noir!"

*Magical-I'm-to-lazy-to-wrote-this-part- time skip to end of interview*

"And that concludes the Ladyblog Exclusive interview with Chat Noir! Thank you for joining us Chat Noir,"

Chat saluted to the camera, making Mari silently giggle.

"And thank YOU for tuning in! Stay connected!"

Marinette ended the video and handed the phone onto Alya.

"Thank you Ladies, but I better be going." He Alya, who of  course was fangirl-ing. He hugged Marinette and she squeezed him tight. "You are more then a sidekick, kitty. So much more." She whispered in his ear. Before she knew it, the hug broke and Chat was on his was home.

Once Chat Noir was out of earshot, Alya actually screamed. " CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS GIRL?? CHAT NOIR CAME INTO MY HOUSE, ASKED FOR ADVICE, AND GAVE ME AN INTERVIEW!" She was so excited he was more comfortable around her then he was around Rena Rouge. But she couldn't tell Marinette that.

"Yeah, that's so awesome!" Marinette said. It was kinda getting late already, 4:00. "Wanna go to the pool now, try on that cover up I made you?"

Alya filled with excitement. "Yeah, let's go!!"

Marinette couldn't stop thinking about Chat...
She
Likes
Adrien
......
Right?

A/N: yo sry for not updating ya girl may have broken her ankle. Guess we shall see 🤷🏼‍♀️