Chapter 23

There was a knock at Marinette's door. She flinched, as she was talking with Tikki. Thank God they knocked, or her biggest secret would've been revealed. "Uh, come in." She said, trying to scramble into a normal looking pose.

"Hey." Adrien said with a smile. "Oh, it's you! Hey." She said while smiling back. "So, my dad, well, it's kind of a long story. But to make it short, he made us reservations at a fancy restaurant..." he began.

"Oh yay! I was hoping I would be able to get to know your dad a little more before my lessons start." She smiled.

"That's the thing Mari," oh jeez, here it comes. "It'll just be us."

Marinette's eyes grew wide. Had her one wish come true? "You...you mean...like a—date?"

Adrien scratched the back of his neck. Now was the deciding moment. He could either say yes, and her be weirded out and reject him on the spot. Or he could say no, but then if she liked him it could give her the wrong idea...why do things have to be so complicated?

"Only if you want it to be." He said, a little smirk in his voice.

Marinette stood up and walked towards him. "Hmm," She said, putting her hands on his chest. "I'd like that." Marinette looked straight into his eyes. She watched the blush darken on his cheeks.

"So...so its..a date?" He asked, trying to sound as normal as possible.

Marinette put her head over his shoulder and whispered into his ear. "It's a date." Then she kissed him on the cheek and sat down at her desk and continued to pretend to see something.

Adrien stumbled out the door, closed it, then sank in his steps. "Where did that come from?" He spoke softly, while holding her kiss in his hand.

The second the door closed Marinette got up from her seat. "Where did that come from???" She whisper-screamed to Tikki, who was watching the whole thing from behind a sewing machine. "I don't know Marinette! But keep doing it! Did you see how flustered he got? I thought things were about to get a little spicy!"

"Tikki!" Marinette scolded, "I'm so excited. All I have to do is be this smooth for the rest of the night. No so hard..."

"Yeah! Go get em!"

"Tikki-What am I supposed to wear?? It's a fancy restaurant...all I really brought were jeans, t shirts, and sundresses." Marinette looked through her closet, nothing was suitable for this sort of night.

There was another knock on the door, to which she told them to come in. Nathalie came into her guest room with a rack of evening gowns.

Marinette gawked at the artistry of them. She felt her fashion nerd come out for a second. They were truly beautiful. "Mr. Agreste concluded that you most likely did not bring attire suitable for this event, so he had a few of his latest designs be ushered to you immediately. He respects a full review of the gown in the morning."

"Thank you." Was all Marinette could say to Nathalie before she left.

Marinette tried on a few of the dresses. The purple one was to small, the green one didn't compliment her at all, the pink one was to long, and the blue one was to large. "Darn it." she said, as she looked at the last one on the rack.

It was deep red, with a short part in the front, and a longer back. The waist was to be cinched with a long black ribbons she could tie in the back. It looked promising, and would go with a pair of heels that was resting on the bottom of the rack. She tried it on and it fit perfectly, though it did remind her a lot of her Ladybug costume. The dress was a darker, more classy red, which she quite liked.

Just then, she heard a knock on her window. "Someone's popular today!" Tikki teased. "I know, right! Hide Tikki."

She gestured for her favorite black cat to come in. He stepped through the large glass window.

"Hey princess, you look nice, what's the big deal?" He asked, knowing exactly what the big deal was.

"I'm going on a date with Adrien tonight. I want everything to be perfect. I'm gonna wear this dress."

Chat tried not to obsess to much over her beauty body. "You look fabulous, Princess." He said smirking.

"Mmhmm, yeah. I'm gonna go change. I'll be right back."

'Why not change in front of me?' Chat thought. He snickered to himself because he knew he was being weird.

He agreed with Marinette, everything had to be perfect. But for now, he was just happy to see her so excited.

"Ok, so what up Chat?" She said. "Just wanted to see my princess." He said with a shrug.

"Ok...well you can stay as long as you stay out of my way." Marinette had around 2 hours. She was thankful she took a shower that morning. "I would never do such thing." Chat said, faking being offended. Marinette giggled. Giggled. She had basically forgotten Chat existed until now, but she still loved him.

"Chat...Do you think I should curl my hair?" She said pulling out her pigtails.

"You look purrfect either way princess." He said, sitting down on the bed.

"Chat that doesn't help me. That's the opposite of an answer!" She said, throwing her hands up in the air. She plugged in her curling iron. "Screw it, I'm doing it." Marinette set the temperature to medium.

Next was makeup. She rarely wore more then eyeliner and foundation, but for an occasion such as this, she felt it was necessary.

"Ugh!" Marinette cried out after doing her eyeshadow for the 13th time, "I just can't get it!"

"Princess, mind if I lend a paw? I have some experience in makeup. Just tell me what you want it to look like and I'll do my best.

Marinette sighed in defeat and showed him the reference photo. It was quite simple, basically a smoky eye. He completed both eyes with ease.

He looked into her beautiful blue eyes, full of excitement and nervousness. "Wow chaton! That's amazing! Thank you so much!" She gave him a kiss on the check, making him blush. "Crap! Only half an hour left! I gotta hurry and curl my hair!"

'Half an hour??' Chat thought, 'I have to get ready too!'

"Hey princess, I gotta go...hope your date goes well!" He hugged her before jumping out the window.

When he arrived in his room a few seconds later, he de transformed and found a Tuxedo that matched Marinette's dress. Black with red cuffs, and a matching red tie. He combed his hair in the normal way, he didn't want to overdo it.

He took out the corsage he had gotten for Marinette, and held it in his hand. He was ready, well, ready as he'd ever be.