The Trip: Chapter Six

Adrien was still shaken up. After being forced to realize Marinette was so so so much more then just a friend he began to worry himself sick. He began to ask questions like:
- how will I ever make up for all the lost time?
- how long has Marinette liked me?
- oh, Marinette...what if I hurt her?
- how would I explain that I needed to leave if an Akuma attacked while we were together
- what about Ladybug.

These questions cut into Adrien like a sharp knife. He has had a temperature and has been vomiting ever since his phone call with Nino. It kept replying back in his head:

Adrien is slightly crying.

A: Nino, can *sniff* can we talk?
N: woah bro yeah totally I'm not busy right now what's up?
A: I think *sniff* *sob* I like Marinette!
N: Dude that's great! Why are you crying?
A: I *sharp inhale* don't know *sob*
N: Are you afraid she won't like you?
A: nuh *sniff* nuh uh
N: Are you afraid of giving up in Ladybug?
Nino has known about Adrien's little crush ever since it began.
A: I think *sharp inhale* so *long exhale*
N: Oh man bro don't be!
A: I need to see her *sniff*
N: Ladybug?
A: Marinette.

The rest of the conversation was just Nino helping Adrien calm down.

There were two things Adrien knew:
+ he likes Ladybug
+ he likes Marinette

"Purrfect." Adrien said as he searched us closet for some comfortable clothes. He had requested some ice cream, but what Nathile ended up bringing was some weird all-berry dairy free sherbet that he had never seen before. Adrien put on some sweatpants and face planted onto his bed.

"Plagg. What am I gonna do." He sat up and found his kwami sitting on the TV table where his "ice cream" was. "I dunno, kid. Maybe you can talk to Ladybug or something." Plagg tossed the remainder of his cheese into the air and caught it in his mouth. He swallowed it all in one gulp.

Adrien reached for his frozen treat and took a bite. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't ice cream. "I guess I can. But I'm not sure when I can see her next." Plagg was already searching for more cheese. "Well. You can always talk to Alya. Or even Marinette at Chat. You have to actually use your brain kid. Get creative."

"That's not a bad idea-" Adrien said with a slight pout. "PLAGG, CLAWS OUT!" There was a flash of green light and Chat Noir was ready to roll.

"Marinette...she should be at Alya's house." He had never been there, but Nino and Mari had. They had asked him to hang out and sent him the address, but his father denied him permission.

Chat knocked on Alya's door. It was now or never right? He could talk to them both and get some good insight.

He hoped.