Chapter 22

did I just write 2 in one night, you better bet you twinkies I did. I honestly love reading your guys' comments it makes me legit so happy. so have fun reading this chapter ok thx bai

Adrien was worried, to say the least. His father had called him downstairs by himself, not through Nathalie. The last time he did this, all the clothing from an entire line had been destroyed in a storm while being shipped overseas. He had to help sew and measure, and got scolded when he did it wrong. If something like this happened again, he would barely get to see Marinette at all for the rest of her stay.

Of course, his father had grown less stern over the years. They had grown closer, even if it was still an icy relationship. It was better then it once was, even if not by much. And that's all Adrien really wanted.

"Father?" Adrien said, peeking his head through the doorway, "You called for me. Is everything alright?"

"I'm afraid not son," Gabriel said, looking him straight in the eyes. Adriens heart sank. Can't life give him one win? One?

"I've been informed you've got romantic feelings for Ms. Dupain-Cheng...."

Adrien was shocked. "I-well-"
Adrien tried to find the words. 'Just say yes dude. Be a man. Own up to it.' Adrien inhaled. By this time Gabriel was looking out a window with his back to his son. "For a lack of better term, yes."

Gabriel turned around quickly and faced his son. "I knew it! I knew you would choose well! This is all going wonderfully, Adrien!"

Adrien was slack jawed. First him knowing, now this? He was reacting like a child when they got a puppy on Christmas. 'I haven't seen him this happy since, well, since mom.' "Father, are you feeling alright?"

"No Adrien, I'm just excited. I know you don't get to see this side of me much anymore . And I'm sorry for that." Gabriel put his hands on his sons shoulders. "So, have you uh...done it?" He asked, simply to see his son panic before his eyes.

"DAD!" Adrien said, shocked. "WE NEED TO GET YOU TO A DOCTOR RIGHT NOW! NATHALIE!"

Gabriel couldn't stop laughing, "Son, I'm only kidding." He said between breaths. Nathalie walked into the door, confused by the scene in front of her. Gabriel was-laughing?

"Adrien are you alright? You sounded concerned." She said, unable to take her eyes off Gabriel.

"Yeah, is he ok though? He just-"
Adrien looked at his father. "laughed." He whispered. His father laughed. For the first time since his mom went missing. He enjoyed seeing his father so full of life. And then, as if someone flipped a switch, Gabriel was back into stern father mode.

"I have made reservations at the 5 star restaurant down the street. You will go there with Ms. Dupain-Cheng and arrive at 6:30. I have also arranged for the pool to be fixed before 11:00, so you may go on a midnight swim. Consider this a token of my excitement. Now go tell her, or I'll have to cut off all your internet access."

"Dad. I'm 18. My Intern-" Adrien exhaled. "Thank you father. I'm very excited to go tonight."

Adrien walked out of the room baffled. 'Holy crap. What just happened?'