The Trip: Chapter 4

Marinette's POV:
Marinette had lied to Chat. She usually didn't eat dinner until around 5:30 or 6:00. But, she wanted him to leave. She didn't want to ramble on to chat anymore, her crush on Adrien was embarrassing to say the least. Now Chat probably thinks she's some crazed fangirl. Just purrfect. Did she just think of a cat pun? Fantastic.

Marinette banged her head repeatedly on the wall. "Stupid...stupid...stupid..." she mumbled every time her head took impact. Tikki emerged from her hiding spot and made Marinette stop. She sat down on her bed, defeated. "Marinette what's the matter?" Marinette explained to her kwami what just happened like she didn't hear it from behind her sewing machine. "Marinette, I know what you did, I was right there!" Tikki giggled and gestured towards the machine on her desk. "What I don't know is why you are upset about it."

Marinette let herself fall onto her back, hitting the mattress behind her. "I'm not sure Tikki. I just don't want Chat to tease me about Adrien. He doesn't know I know him personally, so he probably just thinks I'm a lunatic with massive crush on a boy I've never met!"
Marinette put her hands over her face. Tikki pulled them off so she could make eye contact with her.

"Chat doesn't think that, you silly goose!" Tikki said with confidence. Marinette cracked a small smile and peeled herself off the bed.

"Ok Tikki. Thank you." Marinette said, still not completely convinced. She decided to try and take her mind off things. "Now, I have..." she checks the clock on her desktop, "...14 and a half hours to kill, minus sleeping for at least eight..." she did the math in her head, "6 and a half hours. You think that's enough time to make Alya a gift?" Tikki lit up. She absolutely loved watching Mari create things. She giggled, "Yeah Marinette! Go for it! What do you wanna make her?"

"Well Tikki, what could Alya use? I don't want her to just like the gift, I want it to be a functional thing she can enjoy!" Tikki thought and thought for all of 30 seconds. "What about a bathing suit cover up!? Does Alya have one of those?"

"That's a great idea Tikki," Marinette said as she reached for her sketch book, "Thank you!" Tikki gave Marinette's cheek a hug.

After what seemed like years of sketching, Mari finally settled on a design. It was a white flowy duster with flowers around the bottom edge. The sleeves were only half length so it wouldn't be to hot. "Wow Marinette! That will look great on her!" Marinette looked at her sketch. "Thanks Tikki. I have some flower patches I can put on the bottom so I don't have to embroider them by hand. Let's get to work!"

Adriens POV:

Adrien de transformed once he was safely inside his room. Plagg popped out of the miraculous. "Plagg! Marinette's in love with me!" Adrien didn't know what to feel. "Yeah, kid, you got yourself into a real pickle this time." Plagg's words were mumbled as he had immediately darted to Adrien's bag for cheese. "Plagg, I love Marinette. She's kind and confident and would do anything for her friends. But that's just it. She's just a friend."

Plagg removes his face from the bag having found some cheese. He took a bite, flew right in front of Adrien's face, and spoke with his mouth full. "KID, YOU TAKE THAT BACK!!" ...is what Plagg should have said. He instead said: "Listen, I know you think ur in love with Ladybug-"

"KNOW I'm in love with Ladybug." Adrien corrected.

"Yeah whatever. But Marinette is not just a friend."

"What do you mean Plagg? ...She's totally just a friend..." it was in this moment Adrien realized that marinette might not be just a friend. "Just...a......friend" Adrien mumbled as his mind went a million miles a minute. He did have that one moment when he stuttered, something he doesn't even do with Ladybug, and he did think she looked beautiful even with her pajamas on. Was she really just a friend? Has his love for Ladybug blocked his love for Mari? Plagg sat on Adrien's piano and watched the entire thing go down while he downed several blocks of cheese.

A/N:  Ayyyyyyyyyyye strangers! Sorry I haven't updated in forever I kinda lost interest since nobody was reading lol. Anyway, the plot thickens....