Chapter 27

Hey. It's me. Ya boi. Here's part 2 of that other chapter. I really like reading the comments you guys leave. Especially those who get my musical references. Comments it makes me happy. Ok bye have fun with this one.

Bring tissues

Marinette froze as her eyes widened. She could feel her heart beginning to pump quicker.

Alya sat in suprise and anticipation. From the other room, Nino was holding his breath waiting for Adrien to spit it out. Nino walked into the hallway.

"Yes?" Marinette said, still waiting for a response.

"Marinette...I-" Adrien felt his cheeks heat up. This was it. He was going to tell her he loved her. Every single detail. There was no backing out now-

"I just..." he said, pausing out of instinctive nervousness. "I just wanted to ask if you and Alya wanted to make cookies or something? Nino and I are hungry but we have no idea how to do it..."

Nino's exasperated sigh could have been heard from the international space station.

Marinette felt a part of her heart shatter. That couldn't have been what he wanted to say. He was too nervous. Unlike Adrien, Marinette had a very keen eye. She could see his blush and sweaty palms. He shook with nervousness. Whatever he was going to say, it was important. 'Fine. Have it your way,' She thought. 'Let's play dumb. I'll get it out of you once Nino and Alya leave.'

"Oh...ok!" Marinette said, ignoring the pit in the bottom of her stomach. "I know a great recipe...we can make those. Go preset the oven to 176.(Celsius is used in France right? I had to ask Siri). Nino, get the flour. Alya and I will be down in a minute." She said.

Marinette turned to Alya once they were gone. "First of all, there's no way that's what he was going to tell me. He's not even supposed to eat cookies." Alya nodded. "Yeah. Me and Nino watch a lot of criminal justice shows together. If anything about their profiling is real...he was about to say something important."

Marinette paced her room. "What if he trying to tell me something bad? Did something happen? Oh God, let me text my parents!" She pulled out her phone and texted her mother, pretending to be calm. She was relieved when her mother texted her back almost immediately, despite the 9 hour time difference. "They are fine." Marinette said. "So what ever could be on his mind?"

/:/:/:/

Once Nino and Adrien we're alone in the kitchen, Nino lost it. "Bro, what was that!? I thought you finally decided it was ok to make a move." Adrien sighed. "Yeah, but teller her I love her is a little more then a move Nino." They sat on the counter, awaiting the girls' appearance. "Dude, what happened to the plan? You said you were just gonna go in there and do something? I didn't think you meant that!" Nino facepalmed. "Baby steps! Now we have to make cookies you aren't even allowed to eat. But I guess that means I get your portion too!" He said, hitting Adrien in the arm in an attempt to lighten the mood. But Adrien just sat there with his shoulders dropped and his head down.

Marinette walked down the stairs to the kitchen. She saw Nino and Adrien sitting on the counter. Adrien looked almost like he was crying. Something was wrong. 'Nino can handle it. I'll just listen and but in if I have to' she thought, trying to justify her eavesdropping. She was glad Alya decided to go brush and put up her hair. "Just go girl, I'll be down in a minute. My hair is so thick I can't put it up without brushing it or we will have a Fiasco on our hands." She had said.

"Nino...I just don't know what to do." Adrien complained, "I really thought I could just spit it out. I've never liked someone like that before. Now I've completely screwed everything up."

'He...he likes someone?"

"No you haven't, Dude! You just gotta make the most of it. Just go with the flow." Nino said, doing the wave with his arms. Adrien sighed. "No matter what I do I screw it up. She probably hates me and thinks I'm dumb." Nino scoffed. "Uh, no way bro. She's like totally into you. You can trust your old pal on that one. Hey, and everything is going to be fine with Ladybug too!"

"Ladybug?"

Adrien shook his head. "No way. They both probably think I'm a dumb spoiled model who gets what he wants. The only way this could get better is if Marinette and Ladybug were the same person...now I'm just being ridiculous."

'Ooook time to intervene!!'

"Hey boys! Ready to get out cookie on?" Marinette said, going up to Adrien. He was still sitting on the counter. "Adrien? What's wrong? Are you ok?" She said. She stood between his legs and pulled him to the edge of the counter. Marinette wrapped her arms around him.

Adriens breath hitched as she pressed her body against his. He wrapped her arms around her. "Yeah, I'm ok Mari." He said, squeezing her a little tighter. He looked at Nino, who was visibly awkwardly third wheeling. Nino have him a small thumbs up.

Marinette let herself indulge in the hug much more then she should have. She felt so at home in his sweater and encapsulated in his arms. "Are you sure? I'm starting to worry about you."

Adrien broke the hug and looked at her directly in the eyes. "Princess, I'm fine."  Is all he wanted to say. No more secrets. Just them too in peace. "Mari. I'm ok. I promise he said."

'Do it. Do it. Do it!' His mind screamed.

Alya came down the stairs and saw Nino staring intensely at her, a finger over his mouth to indicate silence. She took the hint and came down the steps without so much as a peep. She saw what was happening and almost screamed.

Adrien cupped Marinette's face in his hands, rubbing her cheek with his thumb. He pressed his forehead against hers. "Please don't worry about me. I'm ok." He said.

Adrien removed his forehead from hers and delicately places his lips on Marinette's. She sharply inhaled, shocked, then leaned into him.

Alya and Nino were in the corner, fangirling together.

When the kiss broke, Marinette stared into his green eyes. "What was that for?" She asked. "I don't know." Adrien said. "It just felt right."