The Trip: Chapter 17

🍋 Warning again. From now on just expect things to get spicy.

Marinette woke up to Adrien clutching her hips. At first, it felt natural. Like this is what was supposed to be happening. Like it was meant to be.

Then she remembered her situation. She blushed, the color of her face challenging those of her ladybug costume. Without movie her hips to much, she managed to grab her phone.

'2:38?!?!' She thought, 'why did they let us sleep so long?'

Upon further investigation, she decided Adrien was definitely asleep, so she planted a small kiss on his forehead, wrote a note on a post-it, and stuck it on his cheek. And with that, she jumped in the shower.

~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~

Adrien was awoken by someone singing. He heard water and singing, and felt a lack of Marinette's presence. Along with something poking into his cheek.

'I'm getting in the shower. Don't go into the bathroom. ~M'  It read.

He got up and walked out of the room with a blush blazing across his face.

Adrien wondered what song she was singing. She had a beautiful voice, one that surprised him and caught him off guard. But there was something about this song he recognized. One he had heard once or twice. 'Probably in one of Ninos remixes of something.' He thought.

'Is he worth it? Jeremy? Is he...'

He definitely recognized that song. Something about it made him uneasy.

He typed the lyrics he could hear into his computer and clicked search.

'A Guy That I'd Kinda Be Into' -Be More Chill

Adrien stared at his computer screen. Be more chill? What was that? Where had he heard it before? And more importantly, why did it give him a bad feeling?

'Lyrics:'

'It's now or never' He thought. He clicked it. Turns out it's a pretty cool song from a musical.

He scrolled down.

'From a guy that I'd never be into, into a guy that I'd kinda be into...'

He read the lyrics. He kept reading until he reached the end of the song. 'Oh no. No. This can't be happening! No, it's fine. She probably wasn't singing it to get her feelings out. I'm probably overthinking this. But...what if she was?'

~simultaneously~

'Is he worth it??? JErEmMMmY?!? Is he???'

She sang as dramatically as possible into her sponge. She had loved that song ever since Alya and Nino introduced it to her. It was kind of their song, so she didn't sing it around them. But she loved the melody and the upbeat music. She loved how the song made feelings seem so simple.

|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|

Adrien threw his head back in his chair. "At the end of the song, she tells the boy she's singing with, who she doesn't know has a massive crush on her, that she loves someone else, Plagg!! What if I'm the guy she's singing with. What if she's over me and has moved onto someone new?"

Adrien felt his heart sink. And instead of feeling butterflies in his stomach, it felt as if a million evil akumas were inside him.

"Kid, you just gotta chill. You're overreacting," Plagg rolled his eyes big smiled internally. He did love a good pun. "Humans." He said as he threw a large slice of Camembert into his mouth.

Truth is, Marinette was starting to fall for someone else, even if it was just a little. And his name rhymed with Bat Clue-Are.