CHAPTER 7: Running like a celebrity with paparazzi hot on their trail

Opportunities come and go in our lives – it's a daily thing. We take them, we don't take them. sometimes, our choice and sometimes not really our choice – otherwise known as bad luck.

I was known to have that.

At the age of 8, I pushed off Lilly Stewart in class when the class representative was being chosen since I felt the mean teacher would choose her. How rowdy of me. It's all my badass jazz for sure. By doing that, I lost the opportunity of becoming a class representative.

You see bad luck?

Then, next up comes the fat-fifteen stage where I first went for prom but my clumsiness – sad – led me to lose my potential first kiss with Ryan I-told-you-I-don't-know-his-surname.

Again, bad luck.

I walk fast towards the field, hope and determination striking across my already sun-burnt face. This time, I'll take the opportunity for dad.

"Good timing, Jones," Coach says as he throws a smile at me, Jason right behind him talking to some jock.

"Thanks..." I start off by smiling at him but it takes less than a second to take it away as I look around, taking in all the stares I was getting.

I mean, I get it I have hot legs-

Oh, who was I kidding?

For once, I have to get the idea that these boys here are just really discriminative and sexist. There was no way they were going to live down the fact that I was the first girl here to be wanting to join the soccer team and kick their asses to Mars.

I tie my cleats and place down my bag on the bleachers, fixing my ponytail as I walk to the center of the field where the coach already reached.

"Nervous?" Jason fist-bumps me as he stands beside me.

"Will you think I'm weak if I say yes?" I sigh, still consciously looking at the rest of the boys who were casually-not-so-casually staring at me like I was the last chocolate available in the entire world.

"No. I was nervous during my tryouts outs as well." Jason shoots as he nods at a few footballers passing by, also giving me a weird look.

"Well, you were valid for the tryouts. Look at how everyone is looking at me. I was expecting this." I look down at my Adidas cleats and play with my fingers, thinking about dad's words of encouragement.

"You have to face everything, Summer. But you did this because of dad – I know that, no need to look at me like that – and your passion for soccer. Don't care about what shit anyone says. You know we are with you always." He says as he puts an arm around me and walks me to where the coach was standing.

"Shall we begin? Best of luck, Summer. Show me what you've got, huh?" The coach says as he blows his whistle while everyone gathers in their teams. Sadly, I was opposite Jason but luckily with Aaron.

Who was basically shirtless. He said it gave the ladies a chance to see eye-candy. I say it's worth a gag reflex.

Jesus.

As the game started, my heart was beating furiously and my hands were shaking terribly. I was shit nervous as I contemplated the embarrassment I would get if I don't make it to the team. Motivated by that and dad's words again, I run towards the ball and I feel like I'm getting closer to it. As I'm about to kick it, a hard shove brings me to the ground and I groan from the not-so-soft land. I spot Jason and Aaron worriedly looking at me but they couldn't stop playing so there I was lying on the ground helplessly. I get back up as Jason gives me an encouraging nod and I sprint for the ball, my legs burning and my breathing heavy.

You can do it, kiddo.

But what if Jason hits me too hard, daddy?

I'll beat him up for you.

Really, daddy?

Yes. I'll always be there for you, my princess. Now go play.

With dad's words in my head, I run past two players and I'm temporarily happy with myself until the defender of the other team kicks the ball back on the other side and I hear Aaron shout "Fuck!" loudly.

We all start again and oh my God. Caleb Anderson part two. I spot him kick the ball to his team players as he effortlessly runs like an Abercrombie model. I mentally face-palm myself and continue focusing on the game. I did not even get distracted for a minute even okay? Not even by a six-foot handsome tower running. Now forget I ever said that.

I suddenly hear loud cheers and shouts as Jason scores a goal. He smirks and winks at me and I childishly remove my tongue at him. The coach blows the whistle again and we are back at it like the-

Okay, Summer, no time for movie references.

In a few minutes, Kayden Matthews scored another goal. Just to let you know, we are in the same team so yay for me. I glance at Coach whose squinted eyes were analyzing every player's skills and potential – especially mine. I run faster, my muscles hurting and heart heaving. Luck on my side, the ball is kicked in my direction and I don't waste any time in kicking it. I dribble it faster than I've ever done in my life and I'm running like a celebrity with paparazzi hot on their trail.

The defender manages to kick the ball further away from me but one of my team players manages to kick it back at me. I run near the sweeper's position and luckily for me, Blake was in my team and he passed the ball to me. I run and keep my eyes trained on the ball as I hear Jason and Aaron loudly cheer for me. I glimpse at the goal keeper who also had his eyes fixed on my leg movements and the ball. As I smirk to myself, I slowly look to the right and the goalie jumps to the right just as I kick the ball to the left and it hits the back of the net.

I jump high in the air and shout as Aaron runs and wraps me in a huge hug.

"Aaron... yuck. Get off me...please." I struggle to breath as my hands lay limp at the side of my body as I didn't want to touch Aaron's sweaty body.

"Good job, sis!" he shouts as he finally gets off me and holds my hands. I turn around and smile back at Jason who was clearly happy for me. I look around and still receive skeptical looks from some of the boys while the rest come up to me and praise me for doing a good job.

As I'm dreamily on cloud nine, I kick the ball which was next to me, sending it flying in the air right on someone's face. He falls down, holding his nose and groaning.

"What the fuck?" Caleb yells. 

No, what the actual fuck? 

***

Finally, here comes the moment when they meet. Long awaited, huh? Mighty Caleb was hit and Summer has no idea what is coming her way. Stay updated, readers! 

Vote and comment on what you think should or would (whatever) happen now! 

Adios!