CHAPTER 39: My IQ points drastically drop when I see your face

Of all days, today should definitely not be the day she chooses to mess with me. Her ankle boots annoyingly clank against the floor as several students make way for her royal highness bitch.

My morning didn't quite go as planned. Firstly, I had to walk to school because my huge ass ego couldn't partake in the daily carpool Jason and I used to have. I even woke up extra early so I could get out undetected. But alas, that plan turned out to be unsuccessful and I ran into my judgmental brother in the kitchen. I wasn't the only one who was trying to run away. Anyway, the gigantic ego gene seems to run in the family since neither of us said a word to each other and I simply stormed out of the house.

Without a morsel of food in my damn stomach.

Screw you, brother.

Aggravated by the constant hunger, annoyance at basically anyone who crosses my path and the fact that Veronica fucking West is headed towards me, I shut my locker loud enough for people to naturally stay away from me.

"Summer Bella Jones. How lovely for you to cross my path."

"I can't say the same about you, Veronica. Now scram." I roll my eyes and decide that walking away will be the best thing instead of ending the day with an expulsion letter in reference to the attempt of murder of Veronica.

"Oh. You're angry. That just makes our conversation more interesting." She places a hand at her hip and smirks at me, her fur coat elegantly hanging off her torso.

Those clothes need a better personality for sure.

I place my hands in my pockets and exhale loudly.

"What the hell do you want? I don't have time for you."

"Some little birdie told me about you and Caleb." Her sick, sweet voice is revolting and I had the urge to slam her head into the nearby lockers. I clench my fists but continue keeping them safe inside my pockets, away from her 10-pound make-upped face.

"What about me and Caleb?"

"He did this to me because of you. You're gonna pay for this. Remember my party, Summer? You do know right the consequences of messing around with me?"

I freeze at her words and gulp at the memories of the night. Her words run around in my head once again, canopying the brave part of me and rendering it helpless.

No. No. I couldn't fall weak. All she did was talk about the woman you've been ignoring all your life. She is gone and so is the little amount of memories associated with her name. She should not be the source of your weakness.

I take in a deep breath and clench my jaw, taking a step forward to get near Veronica's face. Her smirk disappears but triggers my own. She crosses her arms over her chest, gulping as I continue nearing her.

"Listen to me very, very carefully, Veronica. I am not one of your puppies you could boss around. You do not control my life, get it? I don't give a flying fuck about whatever the hell you do to me because let's face it. You can't harm one hair on my body. So before you try to go all scary macho on me, think twice, alright?"

My cold voice seems to penetrate into her mind since her eyes blink several times and something definitely flashes in them. I take a few steps back, still smirking at her and I begin my usual walk to Math class.

"Are you dumb or something?" I halt in my tracks as her screechy voice, rolling my eyes at her desperate behavior to probably get the reaction she wished for.

Hell will freeze over before she gets her way around me.

"Duh. My IQ points drastically drop when I see your face." I scoff and turn around, continuing my walk as people start laughing, gossiping and gasping at my rude conversation with the bitch herself.