CHAPTER 10: He's basically the reincarnation of the devil

How hard is it to grasp "I want to sleep, it's the weekend" – those seven simple words in English? Well, it is technically hard if you're considering three idiots taking in that simple request. First of all, logic and understanding and smartness and basically anything to do with brains – it didn't exist in their fat ass dictionary. Secondly, who are we talking about here?

Yes, that's right. My brothers. Oh, look at how miserable I sound.

Planned time of waking up was definitely at around 11 or 12 o'clock. But dear Jason – I'll start with him first because oh boy I have a long list of complaints to go – decided to wake me up just to ask me where all his Cheerios were.

I very sweetly and politely told God that I would confess to Jason about his precious Cheerios only if he made Caleb trip over my soccer ball. But I told you, the universe forces are strictly against anything Summer Jones wishes for.

Even if it was 5 minutes of priceless sleep.

All I know after that is that my pillows and feet had a nice conversation with his face.

Next up came Aaron who entered my sleep zone wailing like a mad banshee on the loose. I mean come on, who the fuck gets sad over Baywatch episodes not airing? Not my fault his porn sites don't work anymore.

This time, he didn't utter a single word from his mouth after staring at my glaring, bloodshot eyes. Let me tell you, no one messes with my sleep, especially during the weekends. That is my time, bitches.

Well, Draven didn't actually wake me up – he accidentally punched my bedroom door which hit the wall with such a thud that I stood up abruptly – mind you with one eye still closed – and I was even afraid the wall would break down.

So, here I stand on a Monday morning, amidst the swarm of hundreds of students, all wishing to have a good life – some reading for pop quizzes and surprise tests, some walking past thinking of their graduation speech (what even?), some making out and some yawning and tearing up.

That some was only me.

If NASA announced for any volunteer to sleep for 60 years in space so they could monitor... stuff, I would go there walking on my knees. For real.

Even if they don't pay me. As long as they give me good food later on as a reward.

Well, it should include waffles with lots and lots and lots of Nutella with blueberries and whipped-

"What's crawled up your ass today?" Maddie interrupts my precious imagination of the most desirable thing in the world.

Don't worry waffles. Thy queen shall return to thy world.

I should really start paying attention to Ms. Grey's literature class.

"Sorry to disappoint you, not a dick. It's a bloody Monday. What do you expect?" I deadpan and sigh as I turn and walk a few steps towards my locker.

Tryouts' results were coming out today and the word nervous was clearly an understatement considering the obvious lack of sleep yesterday night and the feet-dragging process all the way from the car to the block.

I wasn't doubting my skills or anything – obviously not – in fact, I was just worried about what I would do if I don't make it to the team. One, I would definitely sue the school for being bloody sexist.

Second, I would crawl under a hole and hide there for 50 years instead of becoming the Goddess of Embarrassment.

She considers herself as my best friend you know.