CHAPTER 25: I can become a cloth donor to many boys

"Huh, so you don't have a knack for downing booze whenever you can?" A covered-up Noel asks me as we move our hands on top of the bonfire to gather some warmth.

"What makes you think that? My alcoholic brothers, who are on the verge of stripping right now?" I turn my head toward the set up tables where everyone is drinking at right now. There is really no surprise about the fact that all the boys bought crazy amounts of alcohol for the miserable two days we were to spend here. Despite that, Noel and I were away from them all - near the bonfire, busy enjoying the sparks that enlightened the dark and diminished the cold around us.

"Perhaps."

"Well, no. Though, I do have a knack for drinking up wine." I grin at him, my insides yearning more and more for my wine. I wish I sneaked in a bottle or two.

"Wine? You? You like wine?" Noel gets his head out of the blanket he is wrapped in and looks at me as if I'm one of R.L Stine's imagination-turned-real creature.

"Nope. I love wine." I click my tongue and bob my head to a familiar song blasting through Austin's speakers set near the tables. It's like a full-on party there, I think, one that is neither appealing to me nor Noel.

"I'm actually gobsmacked. I never expected you to be, I don't know, liking any kind of alcoholic drink." Noel states after a few seconds of silence.

"I'm not a goody-two-shoes, Noel. You may be more than surprised." I look at him, raising my eyebrows and pulling my thin blanket around myself.

"I am. I am surprised." He mumbles and gazes at me with a weird look. His onyx eyes hold a spark – the fire, yes, I reckon – but there is something else. I know. The fire's reflection dances in his eyes and we are left staring into each other's eyes, a sort of daydream.

Well, not entirely day at 8 pm.

His black locks aren't fully visible considering he's wrapped himself up like a baby. The ends of his hair peek out from the top of the blanket, framing his brows and forehead. His eyes quickly move, down to back up in my eyes.

Did he just look at my lips?

A quizzical air forms around us until our trance is broken by very, very, loud hollering. I turn around to see Aaron and Shawn heavily wasted, jumping on the tables.

Noel and I chuckle and shake our heads.

"So, wine lover, you would settle comfortably at one of Caleb's parties." I whip my head around at Noel's shocking words and stare at him, dumbfounded.

"What?" How can he think I can settle with Caleb?

"Calm down, woman. I just said that because the parties at his house usually have lots and lots of wine." Noel holds his hands up as if he's guilty and has been caught.

I sigh in relief as I realize that I'm the one who heard the whole thing wrong. I was probably too caught up with the stupidity Aaron and Shawn are offering to their little audience over there.

"Oh, no, no, sorry. Uh...I wasn't listening. My bad." I shake my head and look at the fire.

What the fuck am I thinking? Settling with Caleb? Really?

"That's fine. I was just saying, Caleb's dad holds these awesome parties every month, as far as I know. You know, those proper and affluent parties for the wealthy. Caleb always invites me so he doesn't get bored. Bonus for me, I love the wine and food they offer." He smiles and states. I nod my head, thinking about how I would down all the bottles of wine there. But...it's Caleb's house.

Why am I even thinking about it? Ugh.

"Why would Caleb get bored in his own party? Girls, booze, music. He's got everything." I ask Noel, rolling my eyes at the thought of what Caleb must be gaining from all those parties.