CHAPTER 60: EPILOGUE

THIS WAS 10 FUCKING PAGES! BRACE FOR IMPACT.

***

No one can oppose the fact that life changes. It's inevitable. We are never at the same point in life throughout. It's called a journey for a reason. An adventure, if you will. And all adventures have the ups and downs, the rewards and obstacles, the monsters and friends. We all go through those different levels every single day of our lives. All these chapters and levels combine into our journey of life. Different from anybody else's.

We may want to remain in a specific part of our lives because maybe, it's scary to take another step into a different path. Maybe, we do not want to let go of the current situation. But, eventually, life will make us – compel us, even – to let go. Even if we don't want to. But at the end of the day, we see how paramount that change was for our lives, how it changed us and made us better. It just becomes another chapter of our lives.

I shimmy out of my cardigan and wipe the sweat off my forehead, bending to lift the heavy box I just dropped near my feet. Luckily, the fragile items have already been taken so I'm pretty sure these are just extra stuff. Caleb runs towards me and takes my hand, scanning me from top to bottom in worry.

"Are you okay? What did you drop?" He asks and bends down to see what is in the box.

"I'm fine, drama queen. It's just too hot to be shifting this shit to the house." I say and walk towards the small steps towards the house in front of me. I drop down on them and cover my head with my hands.

"I'll take care of it," Caleb says and I hear him lifting the box and walking past me to take it in the house.

Our new house.

Officially, from today, Jason, Draven, Aaron and I will be living here now. I graduated just a few months back alongside all my friends back in California. Draven wanted to take a break from school and he's out traveling the world, possibly sipping on some Mai Tai's, with Austin on some beautiful beach in Europe. But we all jointly decided that we want to move away from California and start afresh. We've had some pretty good memories there but our past still lingers in our minds because of other bad ones.

So, here we are, a few minutes away from our universities. Jason will proceed to his second year at George Washington University while Blake and Noel will be joining him soon. Caleb, Maddie, Aaron, Shawn and I will also be starting off at Georgetown University. Even though we have the financial capability, Caleb and I were accepted into this university and also got offered athletic scholarships.

I know how crazy and unbelievable it sounds when I say that all of us are together and still have the same tight friendships but some of us actually had to pull strings to get here. Blake refused his UCLA offer and convinced his parents to let him move to Washington. The drama queen flew to Washington recently and announced he's already applied to a few universities around, stating that he does not want to be left alone while all of us hang out together in a state far away from him. Noel traveled to France a few days back to meet his family. In fact, he was also going to go back to France and resume his studies there at his parents' behest but he also decided to move here. Maddie, Caleb and I were anyways going to go together wherever it was so we all applied to Georgetown university which is close to George Washington University. Aaron and Shawn applied to a few around but ultimately decided to join us.

The four of us are moving in here today. Caleb luckily got a house down the lane while Maddie managed to stay with her aunt and uncle, near the university itself. Shawn, Blake, and Noel decided to grab one of the campus apartments and be roommates there.

In a way, we all are crazy to move into a state together but as much as it is crazy, it is equally wonderful. I could not ask for better friends to spend time with and I'm pretty sure we would be miserable in university without each other.