CHAPTER 55: You attention-sucking bitch

There would not be any kind of nervousness outlet for the amount I am currently managing to hold in at this moment. It is not the kind of nervousness people have before entering an exam room or the kind lovers have before proposing. No. As weirdly idiotic as it sounds, my nervousness is rooting from the anger in me. I'm nervous because I might storm into my house and face my brothers and that woman, and recoup those damn feelings of immense fury, shooting them all at her and having another episode like yesterday.

That would certainly not be acceptable, would it? As appealing as it sounds to me, Caleb seems to apparently think that a peaceful talk will cut it. I don't know if he is wrong or right about what he said but I kind of stopped blaming myself for everything. His words, his soothing touch, his breath on my hair as he embraced me.

Oh. My. God.

Waking up next to him was a shocker and it almost felt surreal were it not for the hold he had on me. And after hearing the nonsensical deeds I did yesterday night, I had a strong feeling Caleb might not want anything to do with me and my overboard drunken self anymore. But, if that was true then he would obviously not comfort me as he did a few moments ago and he would also not volunteer to personally drop me home and see to it that I indeed talked to my stupid brothers.

Or maybe he just wants to get rid of me as fast as possible.

Scraping off all the extraneous thoughts galloping around in my mind, I finally acknowledge Caleb's scrutinizing stare and the fact that we are already there.

Screw my life.

I turn towards him and muster on a small smile, trying to convince myself that this is no big deal. That coming back home and talking to my brothers is indubitably normal especially after the scene I created yesterday.

"You sure you wanna do this?" He asks me, furrowing his eyebrows.

"You are the one who told me to do this!"

"Right. My bad. I will be down here if you need me. Go get 'em, tiger." He attempts a deeper voice and fist pumps into the air, earning an incredulous look from me.

"I can't pull that off, can I?" He asks, retracting his arm slowly and biting his tongue.

"Nope. Bye." I deadpan and get out of the car, eager to finish up with the incoming nightmare.

As soon as I reach the floor of my apartment, I recognize a familiar voice and my feet seem to be having a mind of their own as they quickly direct me to my house posthaste. I push the already open door even further and see her first, opposite a seething Draven and two other confused brothers of mine.

"And here comes my other crazy daughter! Welcome. Dare I ask where you've been the whole night? Or is that-

"Don't play the whole worrying mother card on me. Won't work." I declare, holding out a hand at her, and look at Draven and Jason for answers since all Aaron is doing is continuing to widen his eyes second by second.

His eyeballs might just pop out anytime.

"What's going on?" I question Draven, crossing my arms and looking at him directly.

"Wow." My gaze darts towards her angrily, taking in her blank expression. "My own daughter cannot have a civil conversation with me and my son turns out gay! What has become of you kids?" She suddenly exclaims, knocking the wind out of me. I look at Draven with a guilty look, noticing how his expression drops and his face hangs low.

"Mom, if you-

"No, Jason. What's next? One is underage and yet drinks like an alcoholic and my son is gay. You two have anything to tell me?"