CHAPTER 48: My life is just a bunch of whats

After possibly watching all the interesting movies on Netflix, all possible ten seasons of Friends, I still cannot find a way to discharge all the pent up boredom which is slowly reconstructing into frustration.

The mess in my room can very well elucidate that.

All the take away boxes of pizza, Chinese food, Indian curry, Thai food – you name it – are currently strewn all over my floor, making it seem as if a damn tornado destroyed my room. I literally experimented with every food every day just to score a point against the demon of boredom hovering over me.

Oh, and also to burn a hole in Jason's pocket. I will admit the only time I ever had fun was catching a glimpse of the irritated expression on Jason's face every time he had to pay for my food expenses and actually deliver it to my room, and then banging the door as he left.

Right now, the vexation in me is at its peak since it is raining and I don't think any delivery man could make it all the way here. Besides, I'm craving for a milkshake. I reach out for my phone and widen my eyes at the time. I did not know I could spend 6 hours without eating anything.

Annoyed at the recent turn of events in this house, I storm out of my room to go to the kitchen. I take out the blender from the cabinet and gather the ingredients I need. 'Snowflakes' surely did teach me how to make the goddamn best milkshakes ever.

My milkshake brings all the boys to the yard...

Oh god. One more day in that room and I'll officially lose my sanity.

"Do you want any help?"

I flinch at the voice and drop the tablespoon of sugar in the blender. I turn around quickly, shoot her a glare and turn back to get the spoon out.

"I guess not."

My mouth forms a thin line and I fumble with the lid to close the blender.

"Can I talk to you?"

I turn the switch of the blender and the noise drowns out her question. Well, not really since I actually heard it. What even does she have to talk about? With me, that too.

Let's see. How she left a few-months-old baby in her father's hands? How she did not care to communicate with us at all for the past 17 years? Or why she suddenly made a grand entrance at our doorstep, expecting an equally grand welcome party?

I switch it off and walk past her to grab a glass. I can see how she is desperately staring at me, waiting for an answer, but I ignore her to devour my delicious milkshake.

Until I realize I forgot to add in the damn sugar.

Thanks for the distraction, woman.

I groan and angrily dump a hell load of sugar in the blender. I suddenly stop because I just heard...I think I just heard her crying. I close my eyes and take a deep breath before turning to face her.

"What?"

She gives me a teary look before shivering and taking tissue out of the box on the counter. When did that get there?

"I just...I know you guys...d-do not want me here. But I-I-I...I'm your mother."

"Yeah, I think you proved that years ago."

She sighs as if expecting this answer. Good, you know what your children will say.

"You have to understand my helplessness at that time, honey. Three children are a handful and then on top of that...you came. Your father-

"Oh, so I was the burden, huh?"

Ouch.

"I'm sorry, that came out wrong." She rubs her forehead and steps closer to me. I cross my arms and give her a steely glare, prompting her to speak before I lose my shit and toss the blender contents on her shirt.