0.5

Stormella

I had ten minutes left in my shift and it was five in the morning. Tonight had been pretty fast, but there wasn't much to do. Only a few people needed things so I spent most of my time reading.

Martha went back to the kitchen a little bit ago to help prepare breakfast. Which was good because I was sick of talking about Hayden.

I was getting ready to leave when the phone rang.

I sighed, hopefully it's an easy order.

"Front desk." I answered.

"Stormella." A familiar male voice said into the phone.

"What Luke?" I asked trying to not sound annoyed.

"I, I'm drunk."

"I'm not surprised. You drank a lot."

There was a long pause.

"Do you need something? I'm trying to leave." I finally said.

He stayed quiet, I almost hung up after another long pause.

"I need someone." He said so quietly I almost didn't hear him.

"Are you okay?" I asked, a little confused.

"Can you just." He paused, sighing. "Can you stay with me till I, till I fall asleep?"

Luke

I didn't want to do it, but I had too. Usually when I get drunk thoughts of her they don't hurt me as much. Tonight was different though, tonight the memories were sweet and loving but they left a bitter taste in my mouth. My stomach ached at the thoughts of her.

The guys had flown out this morning so they couldn't stay with me. Clearly this was my only option, and she didn't say no.

Not long after I put the phone down, there was a knock on my door.

I walked over, swaying a little. I was almost as drunk as last night.

I pulled the door open fast, letting her in. She looked me up and down as she set her bag and jacket by the door.

I was in a long sleeve shirt and some boxers. She pulled her eyes away from my body and met my eyes. I pulled her into a big drunken hug. She was so stiff, she really shouldn't be though, twenty four hours ago we were even closer.

She let me hold her for a few more seconds before pushing me away.

"Get in bed princess." She said quietly.

I nodded, shutting all the lights off and closing the curtains, joining her by the bed.

I got in first, loving the feeling of the cool fabric against my bare legs. She climbed in second, laying stiffly beside me.

"So, I just stay till you fall asleep?" She asked.

"Yea. Sometimes I need someone to be with me." I paused. "I get really lonely at night, especially with the guys flying out."

"Guys?"

"My band."

I wanted to kick myself for telling her so much already, but you know how alcohol is.