0.21

Luke

"Could you try that line again, the harmony is off just a bit." Daniel the sound engineer said through the headphones.

"Sure." I sighed, this was the second song I was having issues with getting the harmonies in.

The music started playing and I waited for my que to come in. This time I hit the right notes. Right after Daniel came over the headphones again.

"Good job Luke, why don't you go take a break. We'll get Cal in here to do some of his parts."

I mumbled a thanks and headed out of the booth.

Sometimes recording is a lot of fun, sometimes it isn't. Today it isn't.

I woke up and didn't feel like going anywhere, and then I got the whole, "using Stormella is wrong" speech from Ashton again. I don't even understand how I'm using her, we're just friends. Sure we've had sex but don't all friends do that occasionally? Like most boy girl friendships?

I shook the thoughts out of my head. Stormella knows we're just friends, besides she would never think of me in any other way than that, just like I'd never think of her in any other way than that too.

I pushed the door open and headed out into the empty lobby. Most of the office had gone home by now. It wasn't late but it was getting there.

I sat down on a leather couch in front of a tv, getting interested in what they were talking about.

Apparently some man high jacked a bus while naked.

I laughed to myself at the situation.

Don't do drugs kids.

The sound of a door closing caught my attention. I looked over to the door to the studio.

A short girl with long dark hair had just emerged from it. She was wearing a short plaid skirt and a tight black button up shirt. She caught my eye.

"You did a nice job today." She said coming over to me.

"Thanks, I've done better though."

"Maybe, but he doesn't have to layer you with auto tune like he does for some artists."

I laughed in response.

"Who are you?" I asked politely.

"I'm Liza. I'm interning under Daniel."

"Cool, nice to meet you Liza, I'm Luke." I said cooly.

"You too Luke."

"Are you heading home?" I asked.

"Yea, I just brought Daniel his third latte for the day." She laughed.

"I'll walk you to your car." I offered.

Stormella

I sat alone in Luke's big house. Petunia was not interested in me in the slightest and she was sleeping in the bed still.

I had been watching Spongebob since Luke left and I was starting to get bored.

The piano had been catching my eye. I didn't want to mess with it but my boredom got the best of me and I found myself on its bench.

I placed my hands on a few keys and pushed down. It let out a soft harmonious sound. It was much nicer than my keyboard at home.

There was a leather book sitting on the top of the piano. Once again I was fighting myself but lost to my curiosity.

I carefully opened it, it was full of messy writing that I only assumed to be Luke's. It felt so wrong to be doing this, but it was so hard to put it down.