1.0

PART 2

1 YEAR AND A HALF LATER

JULY

I shoved the front door open and stomped in, slamming it shut behind me.

"You good dude?" Kylie asked from the couch.

"No, guess who got a last minute assignment." I growled, rolling my eyes.

"Well it's kinda obvious."

"Me, and you."

She scrunched her face up.

"Why do they always push all the work off on new people?" She groaned.

"Cause they don't want to do it." I sighed and plopped down beside her. "I shouldn't complain though, not everyone gets to go to a music festival for their job."

"What are we doing there?"

"Interviewing anyone and everyone. Especially the headlining acts."

"Shit. That's gonna be a pain in the ass. How are we even going to get near them?"

I reached into my pocket and pulled out two press passes.

"These things."

She sighed.

"When is it?"

I laughed a humorless laugh.

"Tomorrow."

Its been a year and a half since the whole Luke incident happened. When I first returned home I spent most of my days just hiding out in the house looking for a new job. Luke was constantly on my mind, every hour I was awake and every hour I was asleep. I couldn't pull my mind from him. After a month though, I started thinking about him less. I got a new job, interning at a magazine production company called Musical Mindset. I learned every aspect of the production. From interviewing, to laying out pages, and to printing. I didn't mind it and it helped me meet new people. I made a few friends. After a few months Luke only piped into my head a couple times a day, probably due to the fact that they had canceled nearly the entirety of their tour and went on a hiatus. An article in the magazine told the brief details Michael and Calum tweeted out. It was the most I had thought about them in a while. After that, a couple more months went by and Luke was no longer running through my mind daily, more on a weekly basis. That's when Kylie came home. She pulled out of classes after she realized her major wasn't for her. We hadn't kept in the best contact since she had left but the second she came through the door we made up for that. We stayed up nearly all night that night filling each other in on everything that happened. After a few more months I got a promotion and I managed to get Kylie a spot too. At this point Luke was no longer a thought in my mind. I had forgotten about him, like he had more than likely done with me a few days after I left.

While working for Musical Mindset has been great, they tend to push off work onto the newer employees. Especially the jobs that have a higher work load. Kylie and I were irritated by it but still completed all our assignments.

-

This years festival was weekend at the beach which meant 3,000 people trying to camp out near the beach. That also meant Kylie and I would have to participate. We left super early in the morning and got to the beach within twenty minutes. It was already packed.