0.9

Stormella

I woke up to the sound of thunder rumbling around in the sky. Rain was hitting the window hard.

Guess I'm not spending my day off outside.

Luke was wrapped up in my blankets, laying on his stomach. His arms were above his head and one of his legs was laying over mine. Good thing my bed isn't small, otherwise I'd be sleeping on the floor.

When we got here last night, Luke fell asleep as soon as he laid down. I stayed awake for a little while. Thinking about what he had told me.

I considered googling it to see who this girl was, but decided against it. If she could treat Luke that way, I didn't need to know who she was.

It was almost eleven o'clock and I assume Luke won't be up for a while. I climbed out of bed and stretched. Thunder rumbled again.

I quietly opened my door and headed over to the kitchen. I currently live alone, I used to live with Kylie but she went off to a university. It's a requirement that all new students live on campus their first year.

It makes no sense to me but I guess it's a common thing.

I opened a cabinet to pull out some oatmeal. I poured some into a bowl and put it in the microwave.

While it cooked, I found some strawberries in the fridge. I cut them up into slices, taking my oatmeal out and putting the strawberries in it.

I turned around and nearly screamed when I realized I wasn't alone.

"What are you doing up?" I asked, still feeling slightly jumpy.

"That is a good question. I am beyond exhausted."

Luke's hair was a mess, it was standing up and curling in every direction. He was in his boxers and long sleeve shirt. One sleeve rolled up sightly. He looked how sleep would look if sleep were a person.

"Are you hungry?" I asked as I took a bite of oatmeal.

"Oh yea."

"Feel free to eat whatever." I said, motioning to the fridge.

He stood up from the stool he was on at the counter, sluggishly moving towards the fridge.

He pulled it open, standing there for a few minutes.

I watched as he just stood there.

"Are you okay?" I finally asked.

"You have no food."

I laughed.

"I have lots of food princess. If you don't want anything from the fridge check the cabinets."

He closed the fridge and started going through the cabinets. He finally settled on some Cinnamon Toast Crunch.

We ate in silence, the thunder quietly rumbling in the background. Luke ended up getting more cereal.

"I haven't had a sleep over in ages." He mentioned as he sat down with his second bowl.

I nodded. i couldn't remember the last time I had one.

"Me too."

"The last time I stayed anywhere other than a hotel or the bus was some random girls house. I don't typically stay at other peoples houses after I hook up with them, but I was so fucking tired."

His words made me raise my eyebrows.

He does this often?

"You're at my house."