0.26

Ashton and I laid in bed facing each other. His thumb occasionally wiping tears from my cheeks with one hand, his other he had wrapped around one of mine, holding it close to him.

My mind wanted to think of Luke and nothing to do with him at the same time. I tried to focus on the green in Ashtons eyes that I could slightly make out from the dim Christmas lights that wrapped around a painting above the bed.

Why couldn't I have fallen for Ashton?

I felt more tears fill my eyes at the thought. Luke is out there fucking everything he sees and won't listen to me explain myself for five seconds while Ashton has spent the last two hours comforting me and keeping me company.

Why wasn't it Ashton?

I sighed.

"You okay?" He asked quietly.

I shrugged.

"I just don't understand." I paused. "Why couldn't I have fallen for someone like you?"

Now it was his turn to sigh.

"Luke can be just like me, he's just letting his fear of getting hurt control him."

"I don't care what he can be like. I want someone like you." I whispered.

Ashton giggled a little.

"No you don't. I have my issues too."

"Not like Luke."

He stayed quiet this time.

I moved my body closer to his and I could tell he was apprehensive because of what I just said. I meant it though.

I looked into his eyes.

"I want you Ashton." My voice was a whisper and it sounded so needy.

I pulled my hand from his and ran it through his hair. Our eyes stayed locked on each other. At this point I didn't even know what I was thinking. I just wanted to feel something other than this pain.

When he didn't make a move, I did. I pressed my lips against his and kissed him hard, forgetting about the pain and fucking stupid Luke.

At first he didn't respond and I knew what I was doing was wrong. He gave in a few seconds later though, his lips moving in sync with mine. He was a better kisser than Luke.

I pulled him closer as I deepened the kiss, feeling our tongues glide together.

It didn't last much longer though because Ashton pulled back. 

"Fuck, Stormella. I'm sorry."

I looked down in shame.

"No I am. I shouldn't have done that."

"Neither should have I."

"I'm sorry I just made this awkward." I said as I realized what I had done.

Ashton put his hand on my arm.

"It doesn't have to be. Get some sleep." He said gently. It was most definitely going to be.

I nodded and closed my eyes.

"Goodnight Ashton." I said as I rolled over.

"Goodnight."

"Thank you for everything."

"You're welcome, like I said, if you need anything at all just ask."

Then the room fell silent and I mentally slapped myself for kissing Ashton.

What the fuck is wrong with me? Was my name Lucas?