0.13

Stormella

It's been a month since Luke and I talked. A month since I first messaged him.

I shouldn't be surprised, I mean he is some famous guy with a band. It's not hard to forget about some girl you met at a hotel.

The thing is though, I thought we were friends.

Maybe my last message to him made him mad? Maybe we weren't actually friends.

Whatever the reason was, I didn't have the courage to message him.

So when my phone rang with his name on the screen, I didn't know what to do.

I wanted to answer it, but I also wanted to ignore it and pretend he never called.

Did he want me to answer?

I found myself sliding right on the screen and holding the phone up to my ear.

Why would someone call if they didn't want you to answer?

"Hello." I said as calmly as I could, I was doing my best to keep my voice from shaking.

"Darling, why haven't you been talking to me?" He asked, his slight accent filling my ear, he sounded confident.

"Oh, I didn't, know if you were busy." I answered lamely.

He laughed loudly.

"So, you can still talk to me."

"Okay."

"Anyways, I called because I wanted to know if you wanted to come to a party. It's tomorrow night."

"Sure. What hotel are you in?" I asked before I thought about it.

I'd never really been to many parties before, 
only birthday parties, but I wanted to see Luke again.

"I'm at my house. The party is at my house." He laughed.

"You don't live in Miami." I stated furrowing my eyebrows. Why would he invite me to a party when we're in separate states.

"I live in LA. Don't worry, you can fly out. I'll get you a ticket."

My eyes widened.

What is he thinking?

"Luke, thats really sweet of you but you don't have to."

"You need to live a little, that's why you're invited. I'll get you a flight for first thing tomorrow."

"Really Luke, it's fine, it's really expensive."

"You're coming whether you want to or not, it my money. Also, you'll get to meet my band."

I looked at the clock seeing that it was nine thirty at night. I considered declining again but decided it was pointless.

"Is it a big party?" I asked, suddenly nervous.

"No. It will just be a small house party is all. We're celebrating cause our album is half done."

I raised an eyebrow. Why not wait until it's all done? I didn't ask this though.

"Okay, sounds cool. Thank you Luke."

"You're welcome, and it's princess remember?"

"How could I forget."

"I gotta go now, I will message you with all the details later, bye."

"Okay, bye."

I said the phone down on the counter.

Did he really just invite me to a party? A party that is across the continent. Did I really just agree to go?

I pushed the questions out of my mind and headed to pack a suitcase.

I dug around in my closet until I found my old, dusty suit case.

I brushed it over and sat it on my bed, unzipping it to find crumbs.

"Gross." I said as I shook it onto the floor.

I went over to my dresser and pulled it open, pulling out three pairs of shirts.

I still don't know how long I'll be there, are three shirts enough?

I placed them in my suit case and pulled out two more, shrugging.

Better bring extra.

I pulled out five pairs of pants too, sitting them beside my shirts. I grabbed even more underwear because you never know how many you will need, same with socks.

After I had almost all of my clothes packed I went and grabbed a spare toothbrush and deodorant. I did not want to stink around Luke.

Not much longer after that, my phone vibrated.

I hurried over to it, picking it up to see who I had gotten a message from.

It was obviously Luke.

Luke: Your flight leaves at nine in the morning tomorrow, I'll send you the ticket through email

I furrowed my eyebrows.

Stormella: It works that way? It's Stormella@gmail.com

It took him a few minutes to respond so I went back to packing until he did.

Luke: It does when you can bribe people

I laughed at that, the thought of Luke bribing an airport worker over the phone. My phone buzzed again.

Luke: You should go to bed darling, you'll have to be up early tomorrow

I knew he was right, but I wanted to stay up and talk to him. I moved my suit case off my bed and climbed under the covers.

Stormella: Goodnight Princess

Luke: Goodnight darling

Luke

What the fuck did I just do? I am going to get my ass kicked.

I walked back and forth in my kitchen.

I lied to her, but I want to see her.

I pleaded my hands on my head and pulled my hair slightly.

I mean, it is small for the parties we usually have, but there's no way a normal person would classify this party as small.

I felt like an ass. There are going to be almost two hundred people here tomorrow night and I told her it was small.

I grabbed my phone, thinking about telling her how many people would be here, but I didn't. I want to see her.

Since I've gotten home she's slowly filled my mind. She distracts me when I'm thinking about a certain someone, I've actually managed to keep myself from drinking a couple times just by thinking about her.

I don't like it.

There's only a few things that makes someone do these things.

I pushed the thoughts out of my head.

I've been with several girls since I've gotten home. I can't even remember their names, but with her, it's different.

It's cause you're friends, you didn't hang out with all your other girls.

I smiled, that's true, I never got to know them.

I relaxed a little at the thought.

.....
Hey guys, sorry about the wait. I just finished my last semester at college and it was crazy. Anyways, here's a chapter, sorry it's kinda short.