Chapter 10, Part 2: "What changed your mind?"

*** Gerald's POV ***

Kaitlyn rode in the ambulance with Rachel to the hospital, and Grady made me stay with him at the house until I was sobered up enough to see her.

"You can't go see your baby's mother when she's in the hospital while you're drunk," Grady muttered as he looked at his eye in the mirror that hung in his hallway. "You're just gonna stress her out even more."

Gatorade and water couldn't sober a person up, only time could, but Grady was shoving them both down my throat in an attempt to help me.

"I have to make sure she's ok," I groaned as I held my head, sitting there on his couch. "I feel like an asshole for what I did."

Bentley had calmed down, and was sitting in the chair across from me. He wouldn't take his eyes off of me.

"I know you want to go see her, Gerald, but you can't just show up like this," Grady said as he sat down next to me. "Kaitlyn is going to flip when she sees my eye."

"I'm sorry," I muttered as I closed my eyes. "I shouldn't have hit you, I don't know what I was thinking. I guess I just let my anger get the best of me.'

Grady sighed, running a hand through his hair as he looked over at Bentley, who was still watching me.

"It's fine," he said, giving a half-ass answer. "But you're going to have to learn to control your anger. Especially since Rachel is pregnant, she's going to be hormonal sometimes, and you can't just get mad at her."

As he was talking, my phone vibrated. It was a text from Ella, the girl I had been sleeping with on and off.

Ella: I'm in the Bay for a few months to create some new content for my page. We should hang out. ;)

I was going to respond, but Grady decided that I was ready to go see Rachel, so I ignored her and put my phone in my pocket.

"Grady!" Kaitlyn gasped when she walked over to us. "Your eye," she said as she touched his cheek gently before looking at me. "You fucking did this!"

"Hey," Grady said gently as he wrapped his arms around her when she lunged for me. "That's enough, Kaitlyn."

I watched Grady try to calm her down and bit down on my lip, looking at her.

"I'm sorry, Kait," I said as my voice cracked slightly. "I'm sorry for hurting Grady and Rachel, but I'm trying to be here for her now."

"You're lucky she's been asking for you, or else I wouldn't let you see her at all," Kaitlyn spat as she looked at me with this angry look in her eyes. "Don't upset her, or I swear to fucking god I will hurt you, Gerald. I'm not playing around."

"Shhhh," Grady said as he put his hands on her shoulders while I walked down the hallway to Rachel's room. "It'll be okay."

When I walked in, the lights were slightly dimmed and the nurse who was checking on her IV was talking to her. Rachel was laying on her side with a blanket pulled up over her shoulders.

"The heartbeat sounded great," the nurse smiled as she gave me a silent nod when I sat down in the chair by her bed. "The doctor will be in in a little bit to perform an ultrasound, but let me know if you need anything before then," she said as she turned around to grab her clipboard and leave.

"Rach," I said softly as she shook.

She turned around to look at me, and my heart broke even more. Her eyes were red and puffy, her hair was messy, and she just looked exhausted.

"What do you want, Gerald?" She asked as her voice cracked. "You can go back to Manhattan. I know you don't want to be here."

Cold, but I deserved it.

***COMPLETED *** Endlessly [A G-Eazy Story, Third Book to If I'm Lucky]On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara