Chapter 21: "I said I'd stay with you."

A/N: Enjoy this little filler chapter before we reach the second half of the book! ;)

It's been a little over a week since Gerald and I have talked or seen each other. My bed felt bigger than normal and trying to sleep without him rubbing my bump or holding me has been nothing but terrible.

I thought about texting him and asking if we could talk, but I didn't want to make him angry again. While I was doing laundry, I decided to pack up some of his things into an empty box I found in my room.

Most of his clothes were here, and I could only pack so much, so I was going to have to make multiple trips. I got ready and slipped on my slides before heading out the door.

After the 10 minute drive to his apartment, I sat in my car for another 10 minutes while I started crying. Spending the week alone and talking to Kaitlyn made me realize that I can't do this alone and that I just wanted him in my life regardless of what we were.

"Rach?" Gerald questioned when he opened up the door. "What are you doing here? What're you holding?"

"Um," I paused, sniffling as I handed him the box. "I thought you moved out, so I started packing some of your things for you...I'll be bringing the rest by this week."

He moved and set it down before grabbing my hand and tugging me inside.

"Why would you think that I'm moving out?" He asked, putting a hand on the small of my back and leading me to the couch. "I said I'd stay with you."

"Because we haven't talked in a week since our fight," I whimpered as I wiped my eyes again. "I'm sorry for bringing up marriage knowing how you feel about it. I just got a little jealous that Kaitlyn and Grady got engaged before we did."

He stood up and moved, sitting in the empty seat next to me and putting a hand on my knee.

"You were jealous of them? Why?" He asked softly as his thumb rubbed my knee.

"They've been dating for less time than we have, and they're not on and off like we are," I said as I watched his thumb. "I just wanted us to be...I dunno, an official family, I guess."

Opening up and admitting these things to Gerald was frightening because I didn't want to start another argument, but I was also tired of keeping these things to myself, and if he was serious about wanting to eventually get back together then we needed to start being honest with each other.

"I see," he muttered as he tilted my head so he could look me in the eyes. "But just because we're not married doesn't mean we're not a family, Rachel. Families come in all different ways...and I do want to marry you eventually."

"Eventually?" I sniffled as he wiped away more tears from under my eyes. "You really do want to marry me?"

He nodded and pulled my head closer so he could kiss my forehead, lowering his hands as they stopped at the base of my neck.

"Yes," he whispered as he put our foreheads together before kissing me gently. "I want to spend the rest of my life with you and Rosie, Rachel. And I think I know just how to start that..." he said as he pulled away.

He got down on his knees and pushed my legs apart, sitting between them as he put his hands on my bump gently.

"Will you," he said as he moved one of his hands to grab mine. "Be my girlfriend?"

"Yes," I said with a laugh as I started tearing up again. "Yes, Gerald, I will be your girlfriend."

I played with his hair as he kissed my bump and laughed when he moved, kissing up my neck all the way to my lips.

"You're extra lovey today," I said as he pulled himself back up lay down next to me on the couch. "I kinda like it."

"I gotta make up for the week that I was gone," he hummed into my neck as I played with his hair again. "What do you say we take that box of stuff back to your place?"

I turned to face him as I grabbed the blanket that had fallen on the floor behind me.

"Orrr we could stay here and cuddle for tonight and go back in the morning?" I suggested as his arm draped over my waist. "I don't feel like driving back."

"Mm, whatever you say, girlfriend," he laughed as he kissed my cheek. "Are you sure you want to stay on the couch?"

I nodded, laughing as I tilted my head to the side while he repeatedly kissed my cheek.

"Yes, boyfriend, I want to stay here on your big cozy couch," I smirked as I reached up to kiss him softly. "Anywhere is fine as long as it's with you."

I hope this time would end in marriage, but I wasn't going to rush it.