Chapter 3

My alarm wakes me up at six sharp. Oh how I wish I can just sleep in for another ten minutes or so. I barely press the alarm off as my device almost falls from the bedside table. I force my drained body to sit upright in bed.  I slept too early, lately i'm getting in too much of sleep and this makes me feel worse, more tired than usual.

I rub my eyes for a moment and look around the room to help focus my sight. Perhaps another ten minutes of sleep won't do any harm? I thought to myself.  I lay back down and immediately doze into a deep sleep again.

Suddenly I bring myself to sit up and look at the time as it felt like an extra hour that I slept in.  Relieved I see it's only quarter past six.  What is it with this tiredness consuming me?  It's getting claustrophobic.  I decide to take a warm shower to make me feel better and awake. As satisfying as the water is, I wash up and quickly get dressed for my morning run before I attend class.

I put on some leggings with a long sleeve neon shirt and my sneakers. Seeing that I don't give myself any other choice, I head out.  The neighborhood is quiet this time of the morning, not even a bird in sight yet. You can hear them, but don't see them outside in the cold and wet weather yet.  The cold morning breeze cools my face as I run and the fresh morning scent after rain is as lovely as ever.

Why do I get myself so caught-up in my own thoughts? I think to myself as I start my run. I have so many things to be grateful for and I truly am happy. I have great friends and family, what more do I want?  As I take a turn on one of the corners, I notice we have a new neighbor in the house that was empty for months.

"Good morning!" A handsome guy with brown curly hair says to me waving and accepts an early morning delivery.  He has a typical Canadian accent, very attractive, I thought as I wave hi back.  "Good morning!" I say back with a polite smile and continue jogging.

He has a lovely house, I have to say. El and I have been talking about this house for months and we mentioned that it's very odd that it takes so long to sell.  probably a bit pricey.  In thought, I finish my morning run and soon enough I reach the front door of my house again.

As I push the front door open I inhale, slow but deep breaths.  "Good morning Lillie, you want some coffee?" I hear El calling from the kitchen.

"Morning" I say as I reach her, "Coffee would be great, thanks Ma." I say as I smell the freshly brewed morning coffee.

I feel gross and sweaty from my run so I excuse myself to quickly take a shower while the coffee cools down, while in the shower, I can hear my cellphone ringing. I finish up and dry myself with the towel hanging behind the door and check my phone..

Missed call from Elliot. Wow it's been a while since we spoke.. Suddenly an uneasy feeling triggers my stomach

****