Chapter 11

Lillie and El talks but El is also not sure why Hailey is here. This thing is as confusing as Hailey herself!

"What happened before you adopted me Ma?" I ask straight forward. Perhaps digging into my past might give me answers for my future.

"Lillie darling... I don't know where to start. Hailey did so many things to you...Unbearable things that no one should ever do to their child..." with El saying this she starts sobbing. "I saved you from her Lillie... she's a very sick woman and I don't want to go back into the past because... it's so horrifying... sobbing...for me to repeat this will just take me back to that time again...You don't deserve that"

I walk over to Ella and console her.. I didn't realize this ordeal had such a massive effect on her. Hailey must have done horrible things to me... Unimaginable things...El will never make this up, she my Ma, she's been there all this time...I should trust her but I feel that I deserve the truth. No matter how bad it was, it's the past now and I don't remember anything about Hailey. Perhaps I was just too young to remember, but I have friends that remembers things when they were only four years old..

"Ma..." I say to El as place a kiss on her forehead and help her wipe some tears off her face

"I love you so much and I need you to know that you can tell me anything. As hard as it might be, it's a part of me.. I'm not a child anymore and this all happened for a reason. There's a reason why Hailey suddenly appeared out of nowhere and maybe...Maybe she changed...or maybe she wants to make things right?"

"God no! She will never change Lillie!! You are right when you say there's a reason... The reason is because she knows how to destroy. She gets a kick out of watching me suffer. And she probably wants something again... There's always something with Hailey!" she's frowning and almost shouting at me, I feel my tears coming on.

"I understand that...but just tell me something...Anything to help me understand!!" I say angrily and started crying too.

...

"When Hailey found out that she was pregnant with you...she also found out that your dad and I were in love..." she finally spat out.

"What!?!?" I say in shock

No one ever told my anything about my dad either. Just that he passed away when I was very young.

"Are you going to allow me to tell you everything.. or should I just stop right here?" she asks sobbing again

"Go on.." I say back to her, wiping away my tears.

"This infuriated her as you can imagine, but you dad and I stopped the affair right after he got the news about her pregnancy. We were so in love Lillie, but Hailey was his wife and they were becoming a family. Hailey and I drifted apart until months later she came to me...horrified to have this child...I blamed myself for that and I begged for forgiveness from Hailey but she rejected me every time. The love between your father and me was.. unbreakable. He told Hailey just that.. and one day, just before she left my house she said she was going to kill you. And herself. She doesn't want to give birth to someone's child that will never love her..."

"Oh my God El!!! You should've told me this long ago already...How could you hide this from me for so long?" I shout at her

"Lillie we never meant for any of it to happen... but It did...and so much more happened after that...

I followed Hailey because I was scared for your life but I was almost too late. She tried to kill herself, with you still inside of her... She drank sleeping pills and I found her just in time to rush her to hospital. They had to do an emergency caesarian to remove you... You both were in great danger but I made it in time so you were both fine but they wanted to take you away from her because she was not stable to raise you now... I begged them not to and I made some calls, shortly after that the two of you came living with me for a bit. Hailey was just never the same again...

I kept a close eye on her and helped her so much with you as she was still in so much pain...it was the least I could do...I begged for her forgiveness every day because she's my sister and it felt like I destroyed her life. But I wanted to make it right again.

The last straw was when you were a couple of months old, she took you to the Amp point Lighthouse... I was still keeping a close eye on her but again I was almost too late! She threw you from the tower! She wanted to kill you... sobbing heavily

I jumped in right after to save you but I couldn't find you in the deep waters. Again I thought I was too late...but I didn't give up...and I finally found you while she was... just.. standing there, looking down from above...I screamed for help but she was just standing there...(still sobbing uncontrollably)  

Finally we got out but you weren't breathing - you were so tiny Lillie- I did CPR on your little body and thankfully you started breathing again. I rushed you to hospital but you had so much water in your lungs, you had to stay there for a while.

She was arrested and they placed you in a home of safety. I couldn't bear to see them take you away from me, I felt like I was the only one who could protect you...

Immediately I wanted to adopt you, but Hailey's history made that almost impossible.

They were skeptical about it because of my relation to Hailey, but I fought for you every day of my life until you turned six...They finally preceded with the adoption process.." 

Finally El jumps up as her tears are flowing uncontrollably and she's sobbing like I've never seen before. She's breathing heavily and rushes out of the kitchen straight up the stairs to her room.

****

Hi Watties,So much is still going to happen so please keep reading xxx And I hope you enjoy xxx  If you liked it, please consider giving it a vote :)