Chapter 12

Lillie's POV

I can't begin to fathom what El must have gone through, still going through. Thanks to me being such a bitch about knowing the truth, she just experienced it all over again. What kind of a person does that make me? I can't believe what I just heard.. for a moment I wished I never started any of this! This is not just a story, this is the worst past anyone could ever have! Probably also something that no one could ever know about me. It feels like my world completely came crashing down on me.

Art- I should spend more time doing what I love to distract myself from all of this. Graduation is around the corner and there's just so much going on in my head at the moment. Perhaps my art may inspire me a little to paint something amazing. Something that might have an inner peace meaning to me. The paintbrush is in my hand, I stare at the page, ready to paint but it feels like my mind's gone a complete blank and my hand frozen. I have no idea what I want to do..

...

Lighthouses don't get all wobbly when the weather gets rough; they just stand there- shining.

Staring at the page in front of me for about ten minutes, I decide to just leave the room. I head down the stairs, straight for the front door. I have to get out of here! El has not yet come out of her room yet and I strongly feel I have to get out of this house. I get in my car and drive- I just drive. I can smell the salty water breeze as I get closer to the sea waters.. On my right I look directly into the tower.. The one and only tower. My subconscious led me here, purposely led me here. The thing that's scaring me the most now is my past and the only way I can understand it is by letting it sink in.   

The Amp point Lighthouse

The Amp point Lighthouse. I know this place so well, but never in my wildest dreams did I think that I'll have history here. Vancouver is not too big of a city, but there's still so much that I haven't seen yet. The tower is very old but it's still so beautiful. Full of mixed emotions I sit in my car, staring at the tower.

There's nothing that I can do to change what happened, expect getting over this. I have to work through this! It's already consuming me, I have to figure out a way to get over this upsetting part of me.

I get out of the car and look out on the view. I do have the need to go to the tower, but I end up sitting just close by, staring.

"Beautiful view, isn't it?" I hear an almost familiar voice behind me. I turn around and I see Lucas standing behind me.

"Lucas! Hi!" I say more surprised and excited than intended to. It's nice to see a familiar face after the last couple of hour's ordeal.

He walks over to me and sits next to me.

"Are you following me?" I ask with a humorous smile on my face.

"Following you?" he turns to face me and only when he looked at me did I realize how close he's sitting next to me. "I happen to like this place too." he adds.

"It is incredible, isn't it" I say as I look back at the view. We both just sit and stare at the rough water smashing against the rocks.

"There's something about this place that's drawing me. I don't know if it's sadness or hope that lead me here" I say softly.

"Yeah this place has a way of letting a person feel that there's so much more out there, maybe it is hope" he says in return without looking my way. He just stares at the view. I feel like we understand each other in a strange way, without actually knowing each other. I turn to look at him, but he just continued staring.

"You know, when I was young my father always brought me here" he says looking at me. Now I'm the one just staring out on the waters without looking back at him. I wonder if anyone knows about the woman who tried to kill her newborn baby at this exact tower.. I feel my eyes tearing up again but quickly I push the feelings away to avoid my tears from streaming down my face.

"Are you okay Lillie?" he asks and I just nod, not making any eye contact. If I look at him now he will see the tears pour out and I don't want that to happen. Battling to hold them back, I clench on my jaw when I feel his hand reaching out to me, turning my face towards him.

Looking into my eyes he says "I know this might come out as upfront, but I think the two of us have a lot more in common than we realize. " Did he just steal the words from my mouth? Staring into my eyes I just try to focus on not blinking. My eyes are still teary and if I blink the tears will fall. He's still holding my face and with his thumb he softly brushes over my cheek.

Slowly he lets go and we just sat there staring at the Amp point Lighthouse.

****