Chapter 13

Days have passed and my graduation is finally here

Days have passed and my graduation is finally here. Lizzie has been visiting me and we've been spending as much time together as possible talking about everything that happened. She told me that people have been very curious at the party about the ordeal between El and Hailey but Lucas quickly changed the subject to something else and told them to mind their own business. This probably happened after he walked me home. Lizzie also told me that just before she left, Elliot took Hailey one sided and talked to her, just before he took her home. I wonder what business Elliot has with Hailey as he doesn't even know her! Or at least I think he doesn't. When we dated I never talked about her because there was nothing to talk about.. Strange...

El and I have been silent about Hailey as we are both still taking it in. At least Hailey is not making a nuance of herself, so this gives us some time to process and work through all of this. It's going to be a long process but we will get there. For now, life is waiting for no-one so we take every day just one step at a time.

Everyone is going to be there tonight, close friends and family. My nerves are killing me but this is the most enjoyment I going to have in days. I'm ready for it! It feels like my life is just beginning! After graduation, we are definitely celebrating.

Getting ready for this event is the fun part so I will wear my new dress that Lizzie designed herself- Custom made just for me. I'm wearing a nude dress with a soft structure featuring spaghetti straps and a thigh-high slit. To keep the natural theme going I'm adding nude pumps with a rose gold clutch and red lipstick as the final sex appeal touch. Yeah it's a bit over the top but I will not look at my photos in a couple of years' time and regret my chosen outfit. After all El taught me precisely what a lady should look and dress like, so I will put my knowledge to good use.

Phone ringing, it's Lucas

-Hi Lillie, are you still driving with me tonight?

-Oh yes, off course.. I'm still driving with you, if that's still okay?

Absolutely! I can't wait, see you soon then!

"Who is the lucky guy that gets such a gorgeous smile out of you?" El asks as she walks past me

"That was Lucas Ma, just reconfirming the driving arrangements"

"Off course... You look absolutely amazing darling.. I'll meet you there then"

I do the last finishing touches as El helped me with my hair earlier and just as I'm getting bored standing around, the doorbell rings. I walk over to open the door for Lucas but to my surprise Elliot is standing at my front door.

"Elliot! Hi!" I say as I look behind him if I see Lucas around.

"Hi! I was thinking of driving you to Frazzer.. Wait, what I wanted to say is you look absolutely breathtaking!"

"Oh thank you, but.. I've already made other arrangements. I'll meet you there?"

"Who's driv.." just as he's about to ask me who I'm going with Lucas pulls up in a black Ford Mustang GT350. He revs the engine a couple of times just before he gets out. The stunned look on Elliot's face just gets me every time.

Lucas looks amazing. Understatement- He is incredibly sexy!! He's wearing a navy suit jacket with matching jeans and brown boots. It amazes me how he can pull of the strangest looks but still looking very sexy.

"Hi gorgeous" he says as he's walking over to me and greets me with a kiss on the cheek.

"Hi" I nervously say back when I return his kiss.

Elliot is just standing there, glaring at us.

Lucas gives a shy smile to my direction and asks "Are you ready to go?" He holds his harm out for me to lock into.

"I'm ready" I say slightly on purpose just to make Elliot a bit jealous as I lock my arm with his. "See you there Elliot.." I say as I walk with Lucas to his car.

Even for me, that was a bit unnecessary, but what did he expect? That I would wait for him this entire time? I have a life to live and when he told me that it was over, it was over. I've been through so much when Elliot left, on top of it he appears out of nowhere and suddenly- with him- my mother forces herself into my life.. No no no, that's not the way it works. Something is very uneasy and I will not let Elliot have any effect on me-Whatsoever!

I like Lucas, he is genuine. I can tell and I'd rather keep my focus on someone or something more positive. Elliot is just not that at the moment.

The ride to Frazer was incredible! I felt a sense of freedom in his car unlike I've felt before. I drive a limited addition John Cooper myself so I love the trill of cars and speed, but this Mustang was truly something eccentric.

Every now and again Lucas will look into my direction just to see my reaction.

"Sorry about that kiss earlier, I was just trying to make Elliot jealous" he says just before we stop at Frazzer. I made Elliot jealous too by joining in the fun with Lucas so the feeling is mutual.

"That's okay" I say to his direction with a shy smile "I kind of purposely did that too" and this puts the most gorgeous smile on his face.

Lucas is a very successful man at a very young age, but he says he studies just to keep his brain busy. He likes new challenges so what better way to prove to himself he can succeed. He's very inspiring.

The ceremony is incredible and there's so much talent in the university. It lasted for almost an hour and after we all came together to take photos. Everyone we know is there, but Lucas hangs around me the entire time and I have to say I like having him around me. We have a beautiful photo taken together and we make a stunning couple. It's not like we are together, we're just friends but he can tell I like him and visa versa. Joking and chatting my eyes catch Elliot's every now and again. He does not like the idea that Lucas and I get along so well.

"Lillie!!" I hear a woman's loud surprised voice. She starts running towards me, it's Natalie! Elliot's sister.

I move towards her direction and she almost runs me over, consoling me with her tiny arms,

"Oh my god! You look amazing and I've missed you terribly" she says with tears in her eyes. "I'm so glad you made it! And I've missed you too" I say in return hugging her again.

"Lucas!" she says as she looks into his direction and hugs him too. She knows Lucas? "How are you Nats?" he asks as he exchanges the hug. "Oh don't be so shy Lucas, hug me tighter" she laughs as she hugs him again. This is going to get very interesting and awkward, I can tell.

****